Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Sunday, January 24, 2010

* Bring on the Celebrations!

200 years of Independence!  It's a lot to celebrate.  The Mexicans are doing it up royally!  One of the biggest assets they have here, in my opinion, is enthusiasm.  Now that's a gift for any culture to be endowed with.  I have observed they have no difficulty having fun.  The family unit and sense of community is still very strong here.  My belief is ... strong family, strong community helps just about everything.  On my way to art class a couple of days ago now,  I was confronted by a parade.  I wasn't particularly interested .... I just wanted to get to art class.  There were dignitaries, beauty queens, movie stars, bands, floats, and more bands.  BUT .... how do you get around a parade!?  I walked blocks and blocks to avoid it.  Finally, however, I was forced to stop and enjoy it ... there was simply no going any further.

By the time the Universe stepped in, the horses were approaching.  Now, that got my attention.  Spanish horses, and Spanish men ..... hmmmm!  I can tell you from personal experience, those Mexican men know how to sit a horse.  They are alive, vibrant, spirited, virile .... and YES ..... very SEXY!!  There is nothing like the combination of a good looking man who knows how to ride a good looking horse, in my opinion, of course!

It was the luck of the draw to try and get photos.  So many people.  I simply allowed my camera to click away and I managed to get a few reasonable shots.  Notice the stencil on the rump of the horses .... I just love it when they do that!  Here we go ...

Eye contact at 40 paces!  Cute, but a little young!  (Where's your Daddy!)
 
Stay out of these boys' way!  They've got the big guns!


This shot was a real fluke.  Aren't they gorgeous?


This is the photo I did 'sepia' on the last post.  Look like they're riding into town in 1900!
 
 
"Mi Amigo"
 
The Children of San Miguel ..... beautiful!


 


Grumpy Marshall Weather Report for San Miguel de Allande for Sunday, January 24, 2010

Jan 24
ClearClear
Hi: 81°
Lo: 48°
Day: Sunny skies. High 81F, humidity 20%. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 9

Night: Mostly clear skies. Low 48F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph.

"No one should negotiate their dreams. Dreams must be free to flee and fly high. No government, no legislature, has a right to limit your dreams. You should never agree to surrender your dreams." ~ Jesse Jackson

No comments: