Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Sunday, April 17, 2011

* Last of the Mini's

Before I launch into the last book I made for Leena's Swap ... allow me to share a couple of events which made me smile today.

There are times, behind these courtyard walls, I can almost forget where I am.   A world apart, so to speak.  Today I had help to clean out the bodega, move more art stash upstairs to be sorted, and assistance to get the 'dust' out of every pore of this house after a windstorm.  After that was done, which, by the way, felt very good, I settled to finishing my book, listening to music and organizing some drawers.  The door bell rang.  I opened the gate.   To my amazement, surprise and delight, before me stood three magical donkeys and their master (a Senora by the way).  The donkeys were nibbling on fallen flowers petals at my door, while carrying large bags of earth on their backs.  Senora wanted me to take some of her dirt for my garden.  Unfortunately, I have three bags of dirt waiting and could not accommodate her wishes.  It was one of those moments when I get that little 'buzz' .... a 'flash', a 'click' so to speak of "Yes, Donna ... you ARE in Mexico".

The next knock on my door had some of the same affect.  Two young men, with two enormous wheel barrows full of fresh succulent pineapples.  Big smiles on their faces, I was greeted by a fresh cut piece of fruit offered on the end of a knife.   I bought two.  Fortunately, Wendy was just here for a visit and went home with one. I can never resist the fresh fruit.  Oh ... and forgot to tell you.  Saturday mornings, the flower Senora appears at my door.  Carrying a huge hand woven basket full of fresh flowers on her shoulders, she lowers it to the ground and watches with a smile as I choose my bouquet.  These are the little tiny things which never cease to give me a thrill.

I finished the third mini book for Leena's swap today.  It's been so much fun.  Here it is ....


I actually love including little pieces which really 'don't belong'.  This 'scatter joy' tag, complete with pink pig, doesn't really 'go' with the ambiance of this book.  That's why I like it, and that's why I do it.  It's fun!




What's next on the creative front?  I'm not sure at the moment.  I do know I want to organize my studio organized so I can find things.  It nearly drove me around the bend making these books ... always looking, always trying to locate something I knew I had ... but WHERE.  So for now, thanks so much for stopping by ... I appreciate it sooooo much!  

“Life ends when you stop dreaming, hope ends when you stop believing, love ends when you stop caring, friendship ends when you stop sharing... so share this with whom ever you consider a friend.”

3 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Another lovely mini book, Donna! And the fun of it is to put in things which don't really belong there. And if you had everything tidy, what would you look for! Looking and finding is half the fun! Love the sound of your visitors, especially the pineapple vendors, nothing like that here, more's the pity! Enjoy your Sunday, hugs, Valerie

patty said...

Donna! Love your new look here!! The blue is calming and I love the "hidden" music - I almost always include music in my collages. These books are AMAZING!!! You could totally sell them. I'm coming over right now so you can show me how to do this - oh, yea, you just reminded us - you're in MEXICO! Sometimes I wish it wasn't so..... anyway, they are so, so FABULOUS!!!

Unknown said...

Hi U2. Thanks so much for dropping by with so much encouragement. I too love music in my work, Patty. Often I use it as a background. Valerie - I agree - so much fun to put things in which are 'out of place'. Tickles my sense of humour.