Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Friday, June 24, 2011

FLOOD .. The Rains have Arrived ...

The monsoon rains arrived today.  All of last year, I never saw rain this heavy.  Suddenly it was coming into the house, it was coming into the back terrace, the jardin  filled with water alarmingly quickly.  It flooded the bodega (where the cistern and pressure pump are).  I was really scared.  I'm not used to dealing with this amount of water.

As the water rose in the jardin and things began to float, I called Chayo, a gentlemen who does building and general work for me.  It was 7:30 at night.  He was here in ten minutes.  He managed to get the drains unplugged enough to drain the jardin and stop the flooding on the terrace.  The bodega will have to wait until the morning.  Managed to turn the breaker off for the large pressure pump so there won't be an electrical disaster.  I still have water I can use from the tinaca on the roof .. no pressure, just gravity feed which is fine.

So, my dears ... this means I did not get all your names in the goblet and I did not draw a winner.  It will have to wait until tomorrow.

Today there will be a clean up crew here for the jardin, as well as people pumping out the bodega and assessing the damage.

Just want to thank you all for your wonderful, loving and inspiring comments.  I am so blessed with you who have become friends of this blog.  You are so very lovely.

So ... until tomorrow .. hold your breath.

Here's something to ponder over the weekend.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” ~ Mary Oliver

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh dear, eithe no rain at all or floods, Poor you! What an unpleasant surprise. We are used to floods here, too, as we are near the Rhine, and then when rain comes, the cellars all flood, and the rodas, too, I am glad I live on the 2nd floor! Take care of yourself, and hope you do not havr too much mess to clean away! Hugs, Valerie

Gerri Herbst said...

Oh my, oh my...Just glad to see that you are safe. It does sound really scary. Our global weather is really crazy this year, I hope this is the worst of it. I hope you get everything pumped out and dried out so you can go back to your creating. take care of yourself, gerri

Nancy said...

Yikes! Hope there's not too big a mess left behind by the water. That was an alarming start to things.

creativelenna said...

oh Donna. To read all that happened to you and then have you ask us that question via Mary Oliver . . . well I just smiled and giggled to myself -happy for you that even though the rain-monsoon-flooding was upon you, you were digging in, asking for help, cleaning up and carrying on. Kudos to you, Donna you are amazing.

If you are serious, what am *I* going to do with my one wild and precious life? Live it to its fullest. Squeeze every ounce of juiciness out of it. Love whatever I can. Feel life as it is and let it inspire me. Good, bad, ugly, marvelous . . . bring it on. I'll do my best to take it all in and work with it, grieve with it and celebrate, as I know you will too. xoxo lenna

Carolyn said...

Challenges . . . just when things seem to be going along well, another challenge surfaces. RAIN -- we have had so much rain this spring so I have empathy for your situation. Hopefully, your crew will figure out the best way to keep your jardin from floating in water with quick drains.

So sorry for a new mess to clean up. KEEP SMILING!

Hugs,
C

said...

And just after you cleaned up from the dust inside - now the outside. Seriously though, am glad to hear you are fine.

jane said...

Oh gosh, Donna, I hope the rain waters didn't harm any of your art...I had a pipe leak last year, what a mess...but just keep moving forward, and hopefully all will be clean (and dry) soon! xx jane

Katie said...

I plan to jump in the puddles the rain leaves and try to laugh at the choas. And lots of love! And creating memories and moments I can look back on. Write lots of letters (and maybe they'll be found in a hundred years and compiled.weee!) and listen to music and make friends and eat candy and laugh and laugh....and so much more...xo

diane howard said...

hope the clean up is going smoothly.
Love, Di

patty said...

Oh dear, I'm afraid I can relate all too well to rising waters and feeling helpless to stop them! It is a 'sinking feeling" - ha ha. So much of that going on lately, it seems. Hoping in your case for no permanent damage!!

I love that quote my Mary Oliver and I actually think of it quite often. To me it speaks to living without regrets. Not holding back. Jumping in with both feet and taking life by the tail.... something like that!!

Hoping to here good news soon!