Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Thursday, August 25, 2011

* "Keeper of the Faith" .. Complete

For those of you dropping over from The Butterfly Effect, this piece is what I have chosen for this weeks theme "Music and Art".   May I introduce "Keeper of the Faith".  She brought with her a message which you can read just above the painting.  Interestingly enough she also came with music imprinted upon her heart.  Music which she says will lighten our hearts if we are sad and bring us happiness.  The music which she asked to be written is "You Are My Sunshine", which was also interesting.  As I was humming the tune and trying to write the music, I missed a note.  Perhaps she is also saying it's OK if things aren't quite perfect.  Hope you enjoy this piece.  She was truly a gift to paint.  Thanks for stopping by. 

Finished her yesterday.  Couldn't put my brush down for long.  She brought a lovely message with her, and told me what she wanted in the picture as far as symbols go.  A candle represents inner light, Music for happiness, oak leaves and acorns for strength, spirals for healing, birds for hearing and giving messages, key for unlocking the secrets of the Universe.  Moon and stars represent the many gifts available to me.

It was quite a lot to work to get all these bits and pieces into the painting, however I like 'busy' paintings anyway.  Keeper of the Faith brought her own special message to me.  For those of you who missed it before .. it went like this.

I bring light.  You will never be lost.  I have strength.  Even in your weakest moments, you will have this strength to draw from.  Music is with me to fill you with happiness and warm your heart.  Even when you think you cannot hear, and are disconnected from the Universe, I carry the connection for you.  If you become quiet and listen, you will always be able to hear.  I carry the key to the Kingdom.  If you would like the moon and stars, all you have to do is ask.


Thank you all for dropping by my blog.  It is with great pleasure I read your comments which you take time to leave.  These last few paintings which have come through me, are a different breed.  I am surprised.  I am excited.  You have no idea how much I appreciate your support.  xxoo

Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons.
~ Ruth Ann Schabacker

17 comments:

jane said...

Donna, I love her message, and I'm paying attention. xx

Nancy said...

Your added details really enliven this... lovely.

Dolly Daydreams said...

I could have done with your keeper of the faith the last few days what with my connection problem and all ! You are a cheeky madam Miss Donna and just love hearing from you as well as seeing your stunning art you do cheer me up no end. Yes and when thwarted happens it really is frustrating ! Your finished piece is exquisite and once again you takes us all along on your journey of discovery it makes it all the more special and some how I feel a part of the process.

Marie

Nancy Lynn said...

You could look at this picture for hours and always see something more in it as you gaze into its breathtaking beauty. It has so many wonderful elements in it. Just fantastic. I love love love it. The candle to light your way when things get dark.....the music notes to sooth your soul and calm your fears....the key to unlock your heart when you don't think you can love again....the moon and the stars to look to the Universe for guidance and the bird to allow us to fly here and there enjoying life.

Carolyn said...

DONNA...YOUR BEST YET!

I truly love this one because of the messages she sends. I feel like I'm receiving them too through your posts.

I hope you hang this one where you will see it every day when you rise and again before you retire.

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL IN EVERY WAY.

Hugs,
C

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work Donna, lovely to see her finished, and to read what you have written about her, too! I am sure she will keep you good company! Hugs, Valerie

Unknown said...

This is spectacular Donna and carries a strong channelled energy. Your Higher self coming through loud and clear! Can't wait to see what's to folow....
Namaste!

said...

Wow - as with the others I am buoyed up by the message of this painting.

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Love the message and the symbols. :) Gorgeous painting!

Brigitte aka Scrappassie said...

Today I received your beautiful postcard from the postcard swap, yours was the last to arrive here in the Netherlands! Well, most of the cards I received had to travel quite a distance ;-) I enjoyed browsing your blog, your art, your photos and your stories! Thanks again for playing the postcardswap.

creativelenna said...

she is lovely donna. All the messages are inspiring. It is wonderful for me to see you work through these, and you seem to do it so quickly and without too much fuss. As you say the paintings tell you what to do, but still I find it amazing!! xo lenna

Gerri Herbst said...

It was a pleasure to view this lovely lady again...I do so love yr paintings! take care, gerri

Virtual Boy said...

This is such a stunning piece, love the bright beautiful colors and her expression!

// - T.W -

donna said...

Woohoo! and WAY TO GO! Your additional details are perfect. This is my favorite piece but I am sure you I will be saying that again. ..hugs..Donna

Rhonda said...

This painting is stunningly beautiful! I love that it came through you with such wonderful messages, I think this is so exciting for you. Continue to be open and accepting and enjoy the journey. Cheers and hugs - Rhonda

diane howard said...

She is so inspiring!
Love, Di

Chasing Rainbow said...

Oh my, It is so beautiful. I love it. I could see this in a gallery, I can understand why you could not put your brush down.

Iman is sitting next to me and she LOVES it.

Thinking of you.
xo