Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Thursday, November 18, 2010

* I can't think of a title ...

Woke up this mornin', you were on my m i n d ....  no, not really!  It's 3:30 am, I am wide awake and that old song just popped into my head.  What can I say ...

Spent most of my day in Centro.  I had every intention of doing a photo walk ... somehow I simply got distracted .. wandering the streets and marveling at the fact I moved to Mexico.  Sometimes, just for that short blip, that half a second - it can seem surreal.

I devoted some of my time checking out and really taking note of what is here ... in the creative department.  As you know, I can't pop into a store and buy alcohol ink, rubber stamps, or german scrap.  Even a good glue is difficult to find.  I've begun a search for alternatives.  What is already here that I could create with.  Ribbon is plentiful and reasonably priced.  A fabric store will have at least 20 rows of ribbon.  It boggles the mind.  Colourful miniatures, brightly coloured wooden tops and toys, lots of paper mache figures from big to small, masks, nichos, palm weavings etc. etc. I did take note today.  It has not registered in my brain what I can create with all of this 'stuff' yet.  I hope inspiration comes.

I did purchase some yards of colourful ribbon.  A while ago I purchased a huge bag of milagros with holes in them for hanging.  Ribbon and milagros with holes ... hmmm ... possibilities.  Don't know quite what yet.  I'll keep you posted.

After walking the town, I found myself at the market, quite tired.  I sat down and ordered a jugo de naranja grande.  Oranges are in season now.  I can purchase a 50 lb. bag for very little.  Tempting ...  I'd have to have a screwdriver party!  So I sat in the market, at the juice stand thoroughly enjoying myself and watching the world go by.
This is me sitting at the juice bar with my jugo naranja grande
Pinata anyone?

Bolsa perhaps?
Oil cloth is a hot commodity here.  Aprons, baby bibs, purses and bags of all shapes and sizes.  Yes, it's the same oil cloth our mothers put on our picnic table, but wow, the colours!  Very inspiring.  I've been wanting a tablecloth for the terrace.  Honestly, it was hard to choose.  I'm delighted with what I got.


Much more inviting to sit at now.  Sangria anyone? 
The weather has cooled considerable of late.  Autumn and winter are falling upon San Miguel.  I experienced last winter ... believe me not bad, however I do need something to keep me warm.  My heavy wool coat from Canada is tooooo hot, so I've been looking for a light woolen poncho type garment.  The one I got today is pure wool, very light and comfortable.  I can take it off, fold it in half and I have a lovely shawl.

trying to take a photo of myself ... well, it's the best I could do on short notice.

A great aztec design around the neckline. 

That was my day.  I came home and hung that heavy mirror I bought in Delores.  I've got to say pounding a nail into cement is a little different that pounding one into drywall.  I made a huge hole in the wall today.  Chucks of cement fell out of the wall as I drove the cement nail in deep enough to hold the mirror.  Its disconcerting ... half the wall is missing behind the mirror now! 

Tomorrow I am going to view accommodations for rent which my friends from the states may be interested in.  I've already viewed one.  Let's just say it was less than acceptable.  It's kind of fun looking at different places.  

Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself, and know that everything in life has purpose. There are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from.   ~ Elisabeth Kubler Ross

No comments: