Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Monday, October 31, 2011

* Studio Progress and Dia de los Muertos

If you've come acallin' from Natasha May's Haloween Party you are in the right place ... just scroll down a little.  I'm busy babbling about my studio.  Under all that nonsense is a Day of the Dead journal spread.  Let me know what you think.  I'll be visiting you all sometime today ... can't wait to see what you have been up to.  By the way ... thanks for coming on over, and "Happy Halloween". 

Today some progress was made in the studio.  Felix came and painted the other little table.  Tomorrow he will complete the pink bookcase ... we ran out of paint.  I spent the day in the studio putzing and organizing which was fun.  Like starting all over.  It will take a little time, but will be well worth the effort.  Here's what's shakin'.




Some of my drawers actually look like this:-



With all the fabulous Halloween projects on your blogs these days, I must have been inspired.  I went back up to the studio tonight and while I was organizing came across a tin punched catrina I had been saving for a nicho.  All of a sudden my muse said ... let's go.  I rounded up everything I could find and did a double spread in my journal.  For the very first time since surgery, I really got into the zone and had fun!  YEAH!  You have no idea how happy that makes me.  I thought it would never come back.  Anyway ... I had fun and here's the spread.  You will notice Frida and Diego are in the gathering.  Couldn't do a Dia de los Muertos piece without them.



Happy Halloween everyone.  Valerie, I hope your party is a doooozie and you have buckets of fun.  You've been so looking forward to this.  Thanks for dropping by to all of you, and your comments make me so happy.  xxoo Donna


A man should not leave this earth with unfinished business. He should live each day as if it was a pre-flight check. He should ask each morning, am I prepared to lift-off?
Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider, Northern Exposure, All is Vanity, 1991

21 comments:

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

That's an awesome journal spread! Totally love those skeletons! I'm so glad you muse came back just in time for the Day of the Dead. :) Thanks for coming to my halloween party! :))

Anonymous said...

Just love your studio Donna, (me jealous) no wonder your muse came back dabbling those delicious colours. Creativity never gets lost for ever, it just sits quietly and bubbles while our life takes over for a while, especially for you with your op. It has been saving up and has popped out fantastic with your double spread and just at the right time as well.
I marvel at the work in your work.

I appreciated your comment about the Vietnam village with my scraps. I didn't read it until I has made 'totem' and went damn, what a great idea :))

Keep those pages coming. Thanks for dropping by at my house too.

Sinderella's Studio said...

Your studio is sooooooooo inspiring!!!! and LOVE LOVE LOVE the journal pages.
Happy Haunting!
dana

Christine said...

Scary images indeed! And your drawers are so organized.

Kristin Dudish said...

This is such a fun post! I am so impressed (and inspired by) your studio! My studio is totally OOC right now... You make me want to get my rear in gear and do something about it! I looooove the colors you've used!!!

xo
Krsitin

Unknown said...

I'm popping in from Natasha May's Party, Happy Halloween. the studio is so colorful it looks like it's going to be uplifting when it's done.

Lizzy Love said...

I am absolutely in LOVE with your studio, you have done a fabulous job! I am sure the creative juices will be flowing in overtime working there!!!!! Thank you for sharing! Great work with your journal as well it looks like the new studio colors are working for you!
Happy Halloween!

Nancy Lynn said...

I love how your studio is looking....just fabulous. I am so happy you are getting back in the swing of things artistically. Your journal pages are wonderful.

Carolyn said...

YEA. Donna has her muse back.

You are so creative in every way, the colors of your shelving are fabulous and bright. I would never be brave to try this where as it seems so natural for your studio.

Marvelous journal pages. They are a hoot with Frida included. I wish you could submit them for publication. They are spectacular.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN and enjoy dia de los muertos on Wednesday. You are off to a great start.

Hugs,
C

Dolly Daydreams said...

Donna your studio looks fabulous so bright and beautiful and organised !! . As for your journal pages looks like your back !!!! Just fabulous.

Marie

Chasing Rainbow said...

I love it. I love the colours, it's so bright and cheery.
I am working on a special space for the kids, and you've inspired me.

Guess who turned one?
http://chasingmyrainbowbaby.blogspot.com/2011/10/boy-at-center-of-everything.html

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog today. The strangest thing I'm reading a book about animals and the afterlife at the moment and read a passage today which said exactly what your profile says about being a spiritual being here for a human experience - such a wonderful coincidence that I then come here and you've said exactly that! I'll look forward to reading through your blog and I love the wonderful vibrant colours of your studio!

WrightStuff said...

Fab-u-lous spread darling - dem dry bones sure are dancing!

Katie said...

Happy Halloween! Great journal pages for the holiday! Looks like it's getting cleaner!

Robin Panzer Art said...

Wow studio is looking awesome as are the Day of the Dead Cards. Happy Halloween!

patty said...

Oh, it's such a great feeling to be organized, isn't it?? Alas, it doesn't last long.... but a "place for everything" is still an excellent idea and soooo helpful when you want a certain little something!! Yay - so happy that you and your muse are getting reacquainted - I know that means great things are going to follow!!! Love the pages as always - very inspiring!

Gerri Herbst said...

Your journal spread is utterly amazing! Love your studio too! Sorry I havent been visiting lately, trying to catch up today!

creativelenna said...

your studio organization looks great, Donna. Thanks for your visit and your very kind words. xoxox lenna

Joni Nickrent said...

WOW! What a creatively awesome space! Love your journal pages too! POP ART MINIS

donna said...

So glad you spent time in the zone. Your Studio is looking fabulous. I will tell you a secret - I was a bright color person in my early twenties but now I am a muted tones person and you have been making me think about this. I had to pop by to tell you your magic worked- the wind left and the firemen put on a fabulous fireworks display out on the water. The neighbours put on an outside food/ drink thing and lots of friends came by. Nice evening ...Happy Halloween!..by the bay Donna ps love your pages..

K said...

I love your studio and and those skeletons ... brrr!
Kitty