Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Sunday, January 8, 2012

* Book of Days ....

I have joined a group who are doing what is called the "Book of Days".  I'm a little behind (although they say you can't be behind) ...   It's a record of your year ... a diary/art journal if you will.  I have chosen to alter an existing book instead of using a sketch book, mole skin or other empty vessel ... however that's an option.  I've completed the cover.  The next two pages are devoted to my word for the year, which is PRESENT, as in here and now.  After that there will be a page releasing 2011, and a page welcoming 2012.

The plan is to record as much or as little of the next year as you wish.  Effy suggests a larger spread on Mondays and 'important' days, and splitting perhaps two pages into small posts for the rest of the week.  There are videos, live broadcasts every Sunday where Effy Wild teaches real time ... techniques etc. for art journaling and keeping a diary.  A FB page has been set up as well as a flicker group for posting photographs.  I refuse to put a lot of pressure on myself to write every day, however I am hoping I will be inspired enough that by the end of the year, I can look back and see what this year has been all about.  Time will tell and I'll keep you posted.

Here are the cover and the inside two pages containing my 'word' which as I said is "Present".  I think nature is very present.  Doing only what is needed that day and moving onto the next, thus getting everything done which is required to move gracefully through the seasons.  I need to live in the 'now' this year and I'm hoping this reminder will be helpful.

Effy also hosts a ning site called Wild Precious Studio.     
As Effy puts it, an online sanctuary for mixed media and art journaling.  Check it out, there is tons of stuff going over there.


So, that's it for today.  Hope you all had a lovely weekend.  Thanks for stopping in.  xxoo  Donna

"Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin.
Beginning makes the conditions perfect."
~Alan Cohen~

10 comments:

Yvonne said...

WOW, Donna, I LOVE your journal!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna, Just did a nice hello to you and congratulated you on your wonderful art cards you received and also your new endeavor...Book of Days, when I got kicked off and lost it. Of course senior moments take over and can't remember what I actually said...anyways...looking so forward to seeing your daily doings. Your cover is great, I love the rustic look and the key?...The key to a fantastic new year for you. love randomrose x0

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful start to your journal, and present is a good word to work with! Hope you have fun with your journal! Take care of yourself, Hugs, Valerie

jane said...

OH my goodness, the beginning of your journal is BEauTifUl!! Oh that blue....it will carry me through this day! Jane

Nancy Lynn said...

I love your book so far. I know it will be a masterpiece and a lot of memories for you to reread as the year goes by.

patty said...

Donna, how funny - last night as we were reading a little bit of Power of Now, I commented that wouldn't "present" or "presence" be a great word-of-the-year?? Aha - you must have read my thoughts! Of course I already have mine in place... (it's amazing that everyone picks such great words and they are all different!)

Anyway, I LOVE it and I know it will move you forward on your path. Also, the class sounds wonderful. I found 21 Secrets to be a little overwhelming with 21 classes in one, feeling like I had to get something from each one.

I have signed up for a new class also and will be starting next week.

Cheers to a good week!!

Carolyn said...

BLUE...anything blue is for me. Your covers turned out so well; and, it would be good advice for all of us to live in the PRESENT. We can't go back and change a thing but we can be in the present and accomplish as much as we desire. 2012 is going to be a good year!

Hugs,
C

Aimeslee Winans said...

Welcome to our group, Donna! Warning, tho, you will run out of time...or rather, I have. I've had to cut a lot out of my usual schedule but I'm being stubborn about it and getting free nondeadline time to actually play with process regardless of product. It is very much what I need right now. Your cover and page is lovely. Great good luck and have fun! xoxo

Dolly Daydreams said...

Fabulous project and a beautiful start to it, sounds fascinating and a little scary to me ( that's because I am lazy ) Good idea not to put too much pressure on but am sure you will be and inspire others as the days pass by.

Marie

creativelenna said...

I am glad to see you doing this, Donna -it looks perfect for you! I started in and watched some of the videos, but it did not feel like the right thing for me at this moment. I have lots other things cooking and did not want myself to over boil if you know what I mean!! So i will happily watch what you do with this amazingly free course. can't wait!You are smart not to put too much pressure on yourself, but to try to attend to it as much as you can. I bet you will be inspired : ))