Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Friday, March 22, 2013

Miss Valerie ...

Good morning my lovlies.  Habibi and I are hanging out in the studio.  There is such a strong wind I can't keep the doors open - odd for here.  Habibi is enjoying his usual place on the sofa and says Hi.  Thanks for dropping in.  I'll bring the sangria up if you will stay a little while.  I know it's morning ... but this is Mexico!



Yes, indeed, our Miss Valerie has been up to it again! ... sending out lush, tempting, gorgeous pressies to heaven's only know who. I absolutely know I'm not the only one she spoils. It took a month, however just when we thought all was lost, when I picked up the mail yesterday, there was a lovely 'cardboard' box from Valerie. I was amazed she could part with it, due to her love affair with cardboard. :o) I took my time opening it - glass of wine on the terrace - opening each little package, ooooing and awwwing. First
the wooden pieces ... oooooo ....


Then the stickers, labels and borders ...  yummy .....



And then .. wait for it ... the TAGS ... Miss Valeries famous tags!  AWWwwwww ......!   I was so impressed I ran right upstairs to the studio and made cards.  The one with my most favorite bird in the whole wide world was already a card!  So here are the results.  I will give Valerie full credit of course, however, I really feel some of her work must go out into the world to be enjoyed by people who have no idea of the talent that exists in Dusseldorf!



Miss Bird is staying with ME!  Isn't she gorgeous?

Thank you so very much, Valerie!  I know how much work you put into these gorgeous objects and I am honoured each time I receive a package from you.  You are a dear friend ... even if we never meet ... I value that more than anything.  

“A good friend is a connection to life, a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world.” Lois Wyse (1926-2007) (except I think I might be a little "off';o)

  

5 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad the stuff got to you safely, wish it could have been more! I have added your postal code to the addy now! Thanks for your nice shout out, you are very welcome. Wish I could come over for a Sangria and a cuddle with Habibi! Hugs, Valerie

Sandy said...

I don't know what to say first! Yes I guess it should be I will stay for as long as I am welcome and yes I don't mind having a glass of Sangria for breakfast!! How lucky you are to receive such gorgeous embellishments. The art work is gorgeous --- I am slobbering all over my computer you lucky lady!!
Sandy

Nancy Lynn said...

What a treat to sip Sangria, open wonderful goodies from a very nice blogging friend and enjoy the great Mexico sunshine.

1CardCreator said...

You are so very fortunate to have Valerie as a friend and for all the beautiful things she sent you too! Her talent is amazing and so is she! I don't blame you for 1 second for keeping the most beautiful piece, I love that little birdie and she looks perfect with the tea party and clock, awesome piece I know you will treasure! They are all to be treasured along with Valerie. ~Diane

Alexa said...

Wow - what a gorgeous gift and how lovely to receive it and be able to savour each element over Sangria! The tags are incredible and utterly beautiful. A great friend indeed!