Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Monday, August 2, 2010

* On the Terrace

This afternoon found Habibi and I on the covered terrace in the shade, cool breezes and the ceiling fan keeping us delightfully comfortable.  Habibi, not being in his usual creative mood, slept at my feet. I wiled away a summer afternoon lost in other worlds.  Worlds of crosses, religious medals and icons, worlds which I am so attracted to and yet so distanced and detached from.  I am however, extremely attracted to, intregued by,and enticed to collect parts of these worlds.  I respect them as sacred.  In my small collection of art objects I brought with me, I found a bag full of religious medals.  I had milagros.  A day in January found me poking around junque shops when I fell upon a crooked cross made of old wood which had worm wood holes in it.  I couldn't leave it there unattended.  It came with me on the journey.

Today, I began playing with the three pieces of wood cutoffs from the Hacienda doors.   I think I may entitle it "Tales from an old Hacienda" ... but who knows for sure yet.  It could be called "Artifacts", of "Evidence" or some such thing.  I now have a very good idea what I would like to do with them.  Currently they are glued together and  I have chosen the objects which I will use.  I have no tools here.  A hammer, pliers, small saw and scew drivers is about it.  Tomorrow, before I get really serious about this piece, I will ask Moise to make me a 'hanger' for the back, so I can safely hang it on the wall.  It's heavy.

My thought process switched.  I considered the old crooked cross in my stash and the bag of medals.  I got everything together.  Really, nothing I need is here.  I have no good glue.  I have no aging agents to make metal look old or used.  When I needed anything in the past, I simply went to one of my drawers and it was there, magically waiting to be used.  I think I took that for granted.  Now, I'm trying to look at this in a new light.  New beginnings.  Finding new and different materials to work with.  The thrill of the hunt.  Always keeping my eye open for the ah ha moment when something appears before me which I simply must have.  No idea what I'm going to do with it mind you.  I just know at some point it will be part of something.

I spent some time getting everything I needed together.  I played the afternoon away.  When I'm in the zone, I never want to come back to reality.  It's so pleasant there.  Nothing disturbs me.  Totally absorbed in the moment.  I think this is the true definition of Bliss.  When you come back from an afternoon away, and don't have a clue where you have been.  Nice.  (No, that is not red wine.  I made myself some hibiscus tea from dried hibiscus flowers.  It's delicious, very good for you, and very popular here.
This is what appeared from an afternoon of playing.  I like it.  It will be the first in my collection of Mexican crosses.

Perhaps you are not aware how much crosses and crowns intrigue me.  They do.  Always have.  I had the window guard on my living room window made with a cross and a crown.  I must say, it was one of those Mexican surprises.  I drew this very detailed crown which came in at the bottom with a lovely rim etc.  This was the hand made interpretation.  The cross is what I drew though.  At any rate, I still like it.

All in all, a lovely day.  About 7:00 pm I decided to give Habibi a bath.  I take him in the shower with me now.  It's so much easier.  He was all cleaned up and dried off.  Felt so good he was running around like a lunatic.  I stayed in the shower for a repeat performance on myself.  When I came out, low and behold I found him rolling in the sand pile!  He looked so pleased with himself and was having so much fun.  Sometimes I just have to surrender to what is!

The power went out about 9:00 pm.  Who knows why, it was a gorgeous evening.  I came in, lit some candles and went to bed.  It's 2:30 am.  The lights have come on.  I'm wide awake!

"The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity.  The creative mind plays with the objects is loves."  ~ Carl Jung

I am a huge fan of Jungian philosophy.  Perhaps you may enjoy reading some of this other quotes.  I will leave you the link.  Have fun.
 
[info][add][mail]Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)

No comments: