Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

* The Studio

It has begun.  The Studio, MY Studio.  Just for ME.  Marvelous!  I've always wanted a studio.  Somehow it always went to the bottom of the list.  Magical what happens when I make it a priority.  Studio needs a name.  I name everything - did you know that?  It's true.  A name makes inanimate objects so much more alive.  It gives them personalities.   A name can give space atmosphere before you even enter.  For example, the upstairs balcony in my 'old house' was dubbed "Delightful, Delovely".  Yes, I'm a Cole Porter fan.  Special wine glasses were purchased for the space.  French green glass with dragonflies on them.  I fashioned it into a cozy, intimate, personal space.  When I sat there, I felt enveloped and embraced.  Lanterns from the Arabian Nights and the Eiffel tower hung and twinkled as I sipped wine there, or entertained a friend.  It was a very special place for me.  This space will be the same.  Special.

So.  Here's the plan.  Literally.


Yes, I know, the wall is crooked.  The entire property is crooked.  The room itself has a small bathroom, fireplace, and lots of light.  At the moment, the terrace outside will remain uncovered.  In time half of it will be covered with a tile roof for some shade.  The window on the right hand side of the fireplace is being made larger, to match the size of the double doors.  They laid the room out yesterday, in bricks.

Mistro Jose going over the layout with me.  You can see where the double doors will go out to the terrace at the front.  Then the fireplace, then a large window.  To the left toward the back, you can see the bathroom.  The holes in the walls are where the rebar will be poured for support for the walls.

This was the view from my studio terrace this morning.

The large pile of bricks, downstairs, will have to be brought upstairs.  This is how it's done.

This is Senor Emilio.  He picks up six bricks, puts them on his shoulders,  and just keeps walking.

The bricks go into the stack upstairs, and Senor Emilio begins all over again. 

I drew my mosaics on the jardin terrace today.  It will be interesting to see how they turn out.  The photos are a little difficult to see, however I will show you anyway.

El Sol

La Luna

Una Estrella

"We need to find God, and she cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... We need silence to be able to touch souls. "
Mother Teresa

I'm hoping my little Quinta de Luz will reflect some of this feeling.  It's important to me.

 
 

No comments: