Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Sunday, September 26, 2010

* Creatively speaking

... there is not too much happening at de Luz.   As I remember hearing when I was young, the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.   Was absent from my art class on Saturday because of bronchitis.  I'm supposed to come up with something intuitive to paint for next class .. . not having much luck.  I drew a huge page of scribbles  ... and .... nothing!  Couldn't see one thing.  I'm a little discouraged.  Will have to try again.  Also missed a dinner party last night.  I did so want to go out and play!  RATTS.

I'm switching back for oils for the next painting.  The air is so dry here is sucks the moisture out of your brush almost before you get it to the canvas.  I find it frustrating not to be able to get the paint to move easily and when I go back to the pallet for more paint, sometimes it's dry already.  I'm hoping oils will be better.  I have quite a supply although there were many 'injured' tubes after the journey down here.  It's almost like there was an explosion in the box and each tube of paint was covered in some sort of covering which was totally permanent.  I had to patch up a few of the 'injured' tubes with duck tape.  It will be fun to try working in oils again.  It's been a long time.













I've got a Frida Kahlo nicho on the go.  Not sure where this one will lead.  I'm currently looking for velvet ribbon.
















I'm also beginning an art journal again.  I haven't done that for a long time.  I love it.  So expressive.  This is the first page I am working on.  Not at all finished.  Day of the Dead theme.







So ... I guess there is some creativity at de Luz  ... just not a painting.  This week sometime should reveal what will come next.

"It doesn’t interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive."  Oriah Mountain Dreamer

No comments: