Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Saturday, March 19, 2011

* A Brazilian Love Affair

Anamorado de Basil.  This was the title of Nina Wisniewski's art show.  We went to the opening last night.  Nina is my art teacher.  I have learned so much from her.  How to loosen up.  How to paint with my entire body, mind and spirit, not just my hand.  Technique I had never been taught before. 

In November Nina went to South America for two months.  Brasil.  For two months she painted.  For two months she fell in love with the country, little by little.  Twenty years ago, when Nina lived and played in Brasil for awhile, things were different.  They had changed dramatically.  She is still in love ... she still wants to go back.

Here's a few photos from the Opening Night.  Kathleen and I had a lovely evening.  Lovely people, a few nibblies, a little wine, good art ... what more do we need?  After the show, we trundled back to Kathleen and Ivan's for a lovely meal which Ivan had prepared for us.  Felt loved and cared for again.  Doesn't get much better than this.

This is Nina.  A power house of a woman, with many interesting atributes which I often think are a crazy mixture in one human being.  This is what makes life grand.

Kathleen getting us a drinkie poo
I've introduced you to Karen before.  A sculpture, painted and jewelry maker, Karn specalizes in the human form.   Absolutely breathtaking work.

I'm going to miss you so much, Kathleen.  Our new friend stands beside Kathleen.  She seeks Spanish, we speak English.  Somehow we got the gist of what we all said.

Probably my favorite in the show.
With this being a close second to my favorite.


Kathleen's favorite hangs first on the wall to the left.  It's called appropriately "Epanema".

"A musician must make music,  an artist must paint, a poet must write if she is to be at peace with herself.  What a woman must be, she must be." ~Abraham Maiso

For most of my life I fought with this thought.  I did what I had to do to 'get ahead', to 'make money'.  I actually did what I did for all the wrong reasons.  I include this quote in my post today because I understand this now .... totally and completely.

3 comments:

Gerri Herbst said...

Love all the art, the show looked fabulous. Send me pics/dimensions of yr courtyard and Ill give you some help. Even if its only of beautiful pics from mags or places I visited to help you.thanks dearie, Gerri.

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like a great night out, with good company, and such wonderful pictures and colours. Have a nice Sunday, and on Monday I will be able to tell you about the CREATIVA, which I am so looking forward to! Hugs, Valerie

Unknown said...

Ah Jerry ... you were peeking at the backgrounds of my photos. Just have to complete the house first. Studio still on the go. When that's done I'd love some help .. so kind of you to offer. Next year. I really appreciate you dropping over and leaving your comments.