Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

* Another Play Day

Life is tough in San Miguel.  I had to endure another day of creating.  Amazing is it not?  Jen came over mid morning, fresh squeezed orange juice and baking under her arm.  She pulled a beautiful tin mirror from her bag which she wanted to paint and hang in her studio.  I had an idea for another nicho.

It didn't take long for the day to fly by.  So enjoyable to be in the company of people who are 'hit with the same brick'.  I said that to Jen today.  She had never heard the expression before and had a good laugh.  True though ... like attracts like and it is amazing to be with other creative souls.

Here are the results of our efforts.

We made another wonderful mess.
How gorgeous is this mirror!
Fabulous.
Hard to see.  I'll show you a close up.  I put a vintage pin inside.  A small Spanish Galleon brooch from Spain.
Still a little difficult to see.  I pinned the galleon on to red velvet.

Yet another Frida, which I did yesterday.
“Gratitude helps you to grow and expand;
gratitude brings joy and laughter into your lives and into the lives of all those around you” – Eileen Caddy, The Dawn of Change

5 comments:

patty said...

Oh, how I would love to join one of your play days!! tough life, indeed... and "hit with the same brick"? I may just have to recycle that one!!

Unknown said...

It would be so much fun to have you here. "Hit with the same brick" ... no one has heard it before. Must be Canadian eh? :o)

Carolyn said...

Hi Donna, Jen's mirror is gorgeous and once again. . .flowers, so colorful.

Your nichos are terrific; my favorite is the Day of the Dead couple; that's a keeper for sure. You are definitely having fun using your alcohol inks. They work so well on the light colored metal. OH...I also like the copper one done basically in one color. Very effective.

You won't believe what I've been doing for the past couple of days -- making cards. I was so inspired at club last week that I decided it was time to dig in my boxes of "stuff" and pull out bits and pieces and use them up. That was my resolution last year and I failed. I just pulled out two more boxes of experiments, backgrounds, and a little of this and that. IT IS SHAMEFUL. However, the good part is I have finished seven oriental themed cards and will start on some "everyday" greetings for birthdays, thankyous, etc.

IT FEELS GOOD and your brick hit me too.

Hugs,
Carolyn

* said...

All days are for play...love your creation.

Unknown said...

Love your thought, Salma!