Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Thursday, February 17, 2011

* Did you say Nicho Party?

Yes, that's what I said.  Inspired by my friend Wendy, who holds Nicho Parties regularly, I invited a few women over to explore this creative medium, make a mess, and get caught up with each others lives.  I set the party up outside in the shade.  How good is that.  Sitting outside, with friends who also love to create, chattering, laughing, getting caught up on the 'gossip', creating something lovely.  It was such FUN.  A great way to spend a day.  I liked it so much I definitely will do it again.  It does not have to be Nichos, it could be any creative activity.  I actually wanted to have a Valentine Card Making party, however I knew I didn't have enough 'stuff' to play with.  Next year I will plan for it.

Champagne was the first order of the day and we toasted each other, life, friends, Quinta de Luz, and of course Nichos.  We nibbled on fresh guacamole, cheese, crackers and freshly baked ginger bread cookies Wendy brought.  I hadn't seen Jen and Isabella for awhile and it was lovely to catch up with them.  They had never made a Nicho before.  Pat, from Aparicio days came ... also new to Nicho making.  Kathleen, who has wanted to make Nichos for years, and in fact has carted blank Nicho's home, which are still blank, made THREE Nicho's today and is so inspired will probably take an entire suitcase of them home with her this year.  She has plans for making them with her granddaughter.  Wendy, the Nicho Queen, brought samples of her glitzie style with her so the Nicho Virgins could behold and be inspired.  Yes, we had a blast. 

Everyone brought a nicho and an object to put in it.  I got out all my paints, brushes, glue, and decorative elements to play with.
It was nice and neat.
Soon, it looked like this.  Everyone lost in 'the zone', trying different colours, different designs, different ways of embellishing.
We look happy.  We are.
Pat's first time Nicho.  Very cool.
Jen's first time Nichos.  Gorgeous I think.

Isabella's is lovely as well.  Very antique looking.  She's a photographer.  Cropping one of her own photos and using that as the insert was brilliant.

Kathleen is ready for more.  I love what she created.
I love the Nicho with the little doors.  Wendy loves doing Nicho's with Our Lady of Guadalaupe in them.
A day spent with friends is always a day will spent.

6 comments:

patty said...

Wow, Donna I have gotten a little behind, but so glad to see that you are up to your eyeballs in creative fun!!! How perfect - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this and hope to do something similar someday soon in IMAGINE!!!

Unknown said...

We had so much FUN, Patty. Such a great day to spend a creative day with friends. I wand MORE. Thanks for stopping by.

Carolyn said...

I AM SO ENVIOUS.....

We got up this morning to snow -- that's right, that fluffy white stuff. We should have messy weather for a week and then perhaps more spring-like weather.

The nichos are fantastic! You will have to upload a photo of yours, Donna.

I am enjoying the variety and snagging ideas too, as I still have a couple to make for myself.

Tomorrow is art club so that will bring sunshine into the room.

PS Your toes look sparkly and festive. Kathleen is such a good friend to you.

c

Unknown said...

Hi Carolyn ... thanks for stopping by. You would have had so much fun. These women are so creative and lovely to boot. Mine were not finished so I didn't post. I finished them today. I will post them tomorrow.

I'm going to miss Kathleen and Ivan when they go home. They are both such dear people.

Have fun at art club tomorrow. Creating is always uplifting. Sorry about the while stuff. xx

Katie said...

Best kind of party! Everyone's looked so great. I love all those loud colors.
ps. got your fabulous mail art too! Thank you much. I'm excited to sit with my tea and write some letters this weekend.

Unknown said...

Yes, we did have a good time, Katie. That was quick with the letter - glad you received. I will be writing some this weekend too.