Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

* Slaughter the Wild Mustangs????

H  E  L  L  O!!!!!!!!!!  Is ANYONE home?????  The Department of Land Management in the good old USA has rounded up 33,000 wild mustangs of the American Northwest and is holding them in facilities awaiting slaughter.    Have we not learned a damn thing?  Are we still really that ignorant????  Is the Age of Aquarius only a myth?  I guess so.  It seriously amazes me that the human race, as far as we are deemed to have come, are still of the belief we can control Mother Nature!  Yep .. it's all about EGO.  It's all about --- "Look at us --- we can make things better!  Watch us FIX IT.  See how smart we are.  Watch us build our little empires." Well, I've got news for you!  Watch the ripple effect!  Watch what this sort of control will bring on in years to come! Putting Mother Nature out of balance by our own hand is not a wise move.  I could give you lots of stats to back that up, however, I won't bother.  This is my blog, and that's my opinion.

The mustang issue is news which I, as a Canadian, was not aware of.  It has been going on for some time now.  In their infinite wisdom, powers that be have rounded up these beautiful wild animals, put them in holding facilities, and are now wondering where the money is going to come from to feed them.  Gosh!  No money!  Let's kill them.  Why the hell were they rounded up to begin with????  DUH!!  Does no one in power have any vision?  Does no one anticipate the repercussions of their actions 20-30-100 years down the road?  These 'powers that be' evidently didn't think even two years down the road on this one.  Where are the visionaries?   Not here, obviously.

Enough!  Clearly, I am raving.  It has angered me.

I have a friend in Santa Fe, New Mexico.  His name is Robert Kelly.  I studied art with him at the Ryder Studio School http://www.theryderstudio.com/RSS/Welcome.html.  Another story.  Suffice it to say he is an incredible artist and an even more incredible photographer.  He is now participating in the evolving story of these magnificent horses. WARNING:   Robert's photography may cause your heart to beat wildly.  It may take your breath away.  It will definitely allow you to be in 'that moment' when the shutter clicks.  You will want to visit his web site at http://www.robertjkelly.com/.  Take the journey with him.  Take a cup of coffee with you and enjoy.

Meanwhile back to the mustangs.  I'd like you to meet some of them ....

 
 
 



So, ..... let's get behind this movement!!!!  No money, No horses!!  Let's obliterate 33,000 of them!!!  They are such a nuisance.  We, in our infinite wisdom, can and will ultimately add to the list of the extinct.  Be proud!  Let's get a feel for blood!  Let's feed our need for control!!!  It will make for a kinder, gentler, human race.  It will be wonderful for our children and our grandchildren to witness.  Let's foster more violence, upheaval and chaos.  You bet ... this sort of thing is good for our Spiritual Growth!  .... OK, so I'm raving again!  I don't suppose this is an appropriate moment to quote the popular country song title, "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy"?? .... ah, I digress yet again!

So let's take a quiet moment.  Cast your eyes upon these animals and tell me they are not meant to be on this planet. Tell me they have no purpose. Tell me you know for sure there are too many of them. Tell me we have 'the right' to make these decisions.

Recommendation:  Remove responsibility of the mustangs from the Department of Land Development.  Return responsibility to The Department of Mother Nature, where it belongs.  Allow Mother Nature to manage them.  She knows her job. 

Now, let's discuss terrorism ..... over and out .....

"I have often been asked why do I like horses so much. Look into one's eyes. There you will see generations of horses who have served the human for thousands of years faithfully for nothing in return, beaten horses, starved hoses, horses who no longer pocess a sprit. They deserve to be loved and respected as much as humanly possible. Let them run free again. Let them no longer be a faithful beast, but embrace them as you would a dear friend, for they are."


NOTE:  All photographs under the copyright of Robert J. Kelly, 2009.

No comments: