Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Friday, December 11, 2009

* Tootsie

At the time I was caring for Papa, I lived on the lower level walk out.  It was the original 'rumpus room', state of the art in the 60's. The thing was, it had never been changed - not one iota.  The orange chesterfields, the semi circle bar and kitchen, the wood paneling, the massive floor to ceiling stone fireplace.  I nick named it 'Retroland', and often referred to it as such in my journal entries.
I like old typewriters and until my recent 'downsizing' binge, had three of them.  I chose to keep one - this one in the photo.  A portable with a checkered case for carrying wherever you may go.  I called her 'Tootsie'.  The following is a journal entry I wrote the day I brought her home in 2001."

"Ah yes - I remember this -- my fingers are purple from inserting the ribbon.  What fun -- what rhythm.  Bells are ringing when I come to the end of a line - what could be more entertaining.  Something seems to be a little ascu - the entire typewriter wobbles back and forth just after I return!  Ah yes, what fun returning is - bell rings - you give the old carriage a whack with your left hand and BANG - you're back at the beginning.  By jove - this is FUN.  At least the ribbon seems to be working, but of course it is not as nice as the original - incased in plastic and all.  The original ribbon holder is made of such lovely black steel.  I shall keep it.  This is a 'deluxe' model I'm typing on - ah yes - an Eaton's deluxe portable - green in colour ... two tone in fact.  Light and dark green with dark green keys imprinted in light green with the letter assigned to it.  And the case - what can I say about the case.  I'm sure it was the envy of everyone.  Again - green (light) and green (dark) in a very small and fashionable check.  The case has a shiny black plastic handle with the original key tied to it with white string (tackie) and a lovely silver lock.  Ah yes, the chrome plated parts on this baby are quite spectacular.  Needs a good polish though - which of course she shall have sooner or later.  How lucky can I be to have found you - bells, chrome and all.  I shall call you 'Tootsie' -- yes indeed - Tootsie and Donna - what a writing team.  Every time I have trouble spilling it out - Tootsie shall come to my aid - bells ringing - left hand whacking.  Welcome aboard Toots!

"There is nothing to writing.  All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed."  ~Ernest Hemingway

                                                     WHAT MAKES MY HEART SING


SEA SIDE VILLAGES.  Nothing in the world like a sea side village to perk me up!  They are busy little places, laid back, but busy.  Boats in the little harbour, perhaps a little fishing, a few tourists, little shops, restaurants, and best of all the local culture.  Atmosphere to burn.  Colours, sounds, smells, sights and great stuff to touch.  All your senses are awake.  I like that.  Sea side villages relax me, give me peace, inspire me and enthrall me.  Sea side villages make my heart sing!

No comments: