Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Thursday, December 24, 2009

* 'Twas the Night Before Christmas Eve


Christmas is nearly upon us.  I spent a lovely relaxed day.  Just last minute things.  All my shopping is finished.  I have everything required to bake a fresh blueberry pie for our little Christmas din din. All gifts are on site.  Not wrapped though.  Tomorrow.  I will put Christmas music on tomorrow and wrap gifts.

This evening I went out for dinner, by myself ... flying solo.  I'm practicing.  I'm getting very good at eating out alone.  Even enjoy myself now.  Tonight I went to a lovely pub called Spinikers.  Their building is set on the harbour overlooking the city.  The view is spectacular.

After dinner, Habibi and I went for a walk to the local marina.  The boats are so beautiful.  All dressed in their best bib and tucker.  The lights, the reflection of the city in the bay, the coloured lights on the boats and masts --- Ahhhh, it doesn't get better than this.  A clear cool night, terrific fresh air, a lovely walk with my dog - all the Christmas lights in the neighbourhood.  What more does one require?  (OK, don't go there!)

I'm making my way.  I'm learning my lessons.  This year, today, in this moment, I have Christmas Spirit!  YEAH!!!

"I sometimes think we expect too much of Christmas Day.  We try to crowd into it the long arrears of kindliness and humanity of the whole year.  As for me, I like to take my Christmas a little at a time, all through the year.  And thus I drift along into the holidays - let them overtake me unexpectedly - waking up some find morning and suddenly saying to myself:  "Why, this is Christmas Day!"  ~David Grayson

No comments: