Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

* Word for 2013

I've been having issues settling on my word this year. Tons of them have taken the route through my mind.  None of them felt right. Then I thought of 'uncover', ... that turned out to be a no. Then 'reveal'; that didn't feel right either.

A couple of days ago my inner voice got involved. "Both the words you have been considering indicate to you have 'do something' to make things happen. This year is not going to be like that for you. It's my impression your word is "Allow". Light bulb moment. It just felt so right. Nothing to do, nothing to resist, nothing to stress over, simply ALLOW life's opportunities to come, then do the work involved for completion.  YEAH!  Sounds good to me.  Perhaps I can RELAX this year.

I'm in the middle of making a hand bound journal. I have my signatures ready, however have not done the stitching or the binding. Still, the photographs will give you an idea of what it's going to look like.














The cover is a vintage ledger cover.  I LOVE it!




I gotta tell you - I upgraded (??) to Google Chrome and doing this blog has never been so frustrating!  None of the photographs are in order -- they seem to land exactly where they want to and won't budge. I've had to cut and paste text because it wouldn't behave either.  Anyone else had these issues?  I think I'm going back to simple Google.

It's a rainy day in San Miguel, dark and dreary.  I'm not used to it anymore.  Hope your days are not too dark and dreary.  Love seeing all your creations.  Thanks for stopping by.

“You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy. So let them go, let go of them. I tie no weights to my ankles.” 
― C. JoyBell C.
 

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I have Google chrome but haven't had any problems using it....up till now! Love how your journal is developing, some great ideas there. Goodnight from cold and wet Rhineland! Hugs, Valerie

Introverted Art said...

just amazing colorful pages.

Lynn Stevens said...

What an awesome book Donna. I love the text at the one top page about fairy tails :0)
No problems with Google Chrome. I'd been having problems on Google trying to get my photos up loaded so just used Chrome instead. Hope you can get the issues worked out.
Hugs Lynn

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

These look fantastic! It's a good word to go by. :) Can't help you with chrome. I'm a fox user. :)

Nancy Lynn said...

Allow.......love that word....and love the pages you have done for this wonderful ledger journal.

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Hi Donna these pages are gorgeous. Beautiful work again. Chrome works well for me I had before using Chrome also troubles.
My lovely greet
Marja

jane said...

Love your journal, Donna! And your paintings heading your blog...enjoy! (I hope the sun shines for you soon....) xo jane

Yvonne said...

Love your book, Donna! I love your word for 2013! Sometimes the most simplest things are the hardest to see :)

patty said...

I love it, Donna! Your word makes mine feel a little heavy-handed in comparison, but it just goes to show how we need to be open and pick what is right for us at the time. Your book is fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

I love your word, can I borrow it !!! Might do me some good too ! Fabulous pages Donna and look forward to seeing them all beautifully bound as I'm sure they will be. Chrome stinks I have lots of issues and no solutions ...sorry !

Marie