Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

* The "Be Brave" Project ....


Check out this link before I start to rave!  You will then understand what I'm raving about.  It's important.  http://ravenn.blogspot.com/2007/10/be-brave-project.html

OK, so you've checked that out and are now aware there is in existence a "Be Brave" Project.  I have had a 'Ka Ching' moment.  I have been involved in the project for some years now.  I simply didn't know it.  Two days ago on this blog, I ranted and raved about Authenticity and Moving Forward.  All of those steps for me, were pushing myself out of my 'comfort zone', moving forward in a way I very much wanted to, and found very scary!  Still, I did it.  I have accomplished so much! I have come a very long way. There!  I said it!  I am honouring myself and perhaps beginning to feel a little bit 'proud' ... although I'm still not sure what that is supposed to feel like.

I digress!!  I am extremely excited about applying Bravery in new parts of my life.  Already I think I am unknowingly doing that as well.  Simply using different words.  I am here in SMA.  I made the decision to overcome my fear of flying solo and 'just to it'.  The decision to do this was absolutely HUGE!  Well, here I am.  YEAH!

The next projects I am going to tackle as far as moving forward, are honouring my gifts.  I am so terrified of believing in myself and my talent.  Why?  Long story.  I do think I almost understand it now.  It is simply a matter of facing the fear head on.  Honour that I do in fact have some talent.  (Tough one, for me)  Then taking my gifts, one by one.  Ask questions.  Does this offer me bliss?  Does it excite me?  Would I like to do more of it?  How can I best develop this talent?  How would I like to use it to give something back?  How could I 'put it out there'?

So what am I going to be brave about?  Don't know yet.  Generally, I know it's my talent, my gifts.  First of all, I have to honour that they even exist within me!  Now, there is a beginning!

OK.  Here are some commitments.  No time frame.  They will evolve.  I do however, know these things are meant to be done.  I am going to write more.  I am going to paint more.  I am going to do mixed media work more.  I long to do more of all three of those things.   A longing to do more of something is in itself a very good indication I am on the right path.  I'm thinking perhaps, painting, writing, and mixed media can all be used together in some form.  I've been thinking about that for a long time.  Acted on it????  No, of course not.  That would be terrifying!

So, perhaps this is a wake up call for me.  Perhaps it is time to get myself really focused and commit to one little thing and do it.  Then another, than another.  I do know it works.  This is exactly how I have moved forward with personal and spiritual growth.  It is how I am finding my authenticity and honouring it.  Naturally, my gifts are part of that authenticity.  It is time to shift my focus to those gifts.



Is this ringing bells for anyone else out there?  Talk to me about it.  It is so supportive to know other artists are going through the same fears!   (Yes!  I am going to ADMIT it!  Shout it out!   I AM AN ARTIST!)  SHEEEEESH!  That's the first time I have said that out loud to the world!  It is, however, my truth.  It's really all I have ever wanted to do, is to create!  Other people, society in general,  whom I loved and admired, could not see anything productive, or anything 'good' about being an artist.  I simply had absolutely no support.  Well, it is time I stepped up to the plate and supported myself!


I am here in Mexico, in SMA.  I am here for a reason.  Creativity drips down the walls and bleeds from the cobblestones.  Inspiration by osmosis.   I feel this is a gestation period.  A time to simply let it 'be'.  Allowing that big pot of stew to bubble up, roll over and over, round and round in the heat, cooking slowly until, presto, it is ready to serve!  I know something is brewing.  I have felt it inside for some time now.  I know it is no accident I found the "Be Brave" project through Salma's blog site.   It's a wonderful way of thinking about it. It has inspired me to focus.  Courage is a good thing.  I will not sit like a stuffed potato in my little comfort zone. In the past, I allowed myself to become stuck.  It scared me. Well, guess what!  It's time to come unglued!  It's time to come undone!  It is my time for LIVING my life, exactly the way I need to live my life, one baby step at a time.  I must remind myself, however ..... I am already doing it!

Jan 20
ClearClear
Hi: 74°
Lo: 44°
Day: Sunny skies. High 74F, humidity 25%. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 8

Night: Clear skies. Low 44F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph.


"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."  ~ Alan Cohen 

No comments: