Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Thursday, January 21, 2010

* Painting like Picasso


Ten painting lessons with Nina Wisniewski  The theory is, this process is going to 'loosen' me up.  Disengage my perfectionistic (is that a word??) tendencies.  Blow the hell out of my blockages.

I explained to her I wanted to find 'my own voice'.  The authentic artist within.  I don't want my creations to look like any other artist.  I'm looking for 'me', not my teacher.   The response I received was ... "I can help you with that".  Today I spent a couple of hours in her studio as a trial run.  I do think it will be of assistance.  I'm booked for the next five weeks, private classes, twice a week.  Homework is being given.  I'm going for supplies tomorrow.  I'm excited.

Today we played a game.  Picasso carried rocks in his pocket.  When he came into his studio, sometimes he would lay a large piece of paper out on the table, shake the rocks in his hands, and throw them.  That's what I did today.  Throw after throw.  Each time I would draw lines around the rocks, making shapes where they had landed.  I chose colours intuitively.  I drew lines intuitively.   An image is slowly emerging.  It's a woman holding a ball.  I left her at the studio and will continue on Thursday.  Interesting process.  More games are in store.

Originally, Nina is from New York.  A well known artist.  Trained in traditional studio techniques in the east, she finished her education in San Francisco at the prestigious Art Academy there.  Fell in love with San Miguel about ten years ago.  Wouldn't know where else to go now.

Nina literally lives her art. She makes her living from it.  Not an easy task in this day and age.  Her home is her studio and her studio is her home.  She lives a very simple Mexican lifestyle. Honestly, I'm not sure I could live that simply.  Interesting thought to consider.  How simply could I actually live?  What am I willing to give up?  I like my creature comforts.  I would say I am spoiled in that I live very comfortably with beauty around me.  Nina lives very simply in the midst of all things art.  She is happy!


The last couple of years have been economically tough in SMA, Nina tells me.  Not enough students, not enough sales.  Nina belongs to the 'Be Brave' project as well.  She's not aware of it either.  Recently, to survive she has turned to her passion of cooking.  Inventing a wonderful line of organic high end vegetarian dishes, she began another business.  At first, it was by order only.  Now she is supplying one of the more notable food stores in SMA.  Finding a niche has taken time.  At the moment, her mind is busy inventing healthy organic vegetarian dim sum.  I told you.  Nina is actively participating in the 'Be Brave' project, and is not aware.  I think many many women are.

Hmmmm - an interesting statement just spilled onto the page.  "Many Women" .... what about men?  Are men scared as well?  I'm sure they are.  It's just I have never known any.  Any who would admit it at any rate.  That's another story.  The men of my life have always allowed me to feel very 'safe' and taken care of.  Another reason "Flying Solo" has been scary.

Back to the subject at hand.  Art.  When I stock up on a few supplies I will be able to play at home in the evenings.  I'm looking forward to that.  I'll keep you posted.

The Grumpy Marshall Weather Report for San Miguel de Allende for Thursday, January 21, 2010

Jan 21
ClearClear
Hi: 75°
Lo: 45°
Day: Sunny skies. High 75F, humidity 20%. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 8
5%
Night: Clear skies. Low 45F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph.

"We don't need to increase our goods nearly as much as we need to scale down our wants.  Not wanting something is as good as possessing it."  ~Donald Horban 

No comments: