Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Friday, January 8, 2010

* Rainy Friday

It's been a rainy day ... buckets ... cats and dogs ... all sorts of things falling from the sky.  I did not venture out.  I am coming to the realization it simply takes me a little longer to 'get into the swing of things' when I am flying solo.  When I am with someone .... no problem.  I'm out there.  Flying solo is different.  I'm a little more hesitant ...  it takes me some time to fluff my feathers and feel at home.  I did not go out today.  I had an umbrella ... still, I noticed, I did not venture out of the walled garden.

I am out of food.  Food is a great motivator.  Tomorrow, I will go out!


Today, I read some Mexican history.  Interesting.  I'm not sure I have ever been 'called' to read Mexican history.   Europe has always been my main field of interest.  Today, that changed.  I have known the basics, Cortez in the 1500's, wiped out the Native Indian tribes etc. etc.  What I didn't understand was the layers, upon layers, upon layers.  This is an old civilization.  This Mexico is every bit as interesting as Europe.  I'm beginning to understand the people, what they have been through, and what has made them who they are today.

I am here in Mexico's bicentenary - 200 years since the Revolution against the Spaniards for their freedom.  The son's of Spaniards started it.  It began here, in this area of San Miguel.  It was horrific.  It took years.  The original three were all beheaded.  It was gory.  I'm getting a glimpse.  More to learn.

Haiku for the day:

Blood flows, horses pound
down walled streets of cobblestone
Revolution roars.
    ---------------

Why do I sit in
cloistered walls of beauty when
Mexico calls me

The Grumpy Marshall weather report for San Miguel de Allende, Friday, January 8, 2010

Mostly cloudy with rain, Wind calm, Humidity 82%

"Eager souls, mystics and revolutionaries, may propose to refashion the world in accordance with their dreams; but evil remains, and so long as it lurks in the secret places of the heart, utopia in only the shadow of a dream."   ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne

No comments: