Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Saturday, January 16, 2010

* Rainy days and Thunder

It is raining - humongous drops falling from the heavens, at times turning to hail.  Thunder rolls.  I've made the decision to take shelter in my lovely abode and not venture forth.

Today, reading about Mexican customs and traditions has been interesting.  A couple of things I didn't know, but have wondered about.  Hand shakes.  In Mexico a hand shake is nothing like I would expect at home or in the US.  Here, one shakes hands very gently.  We might think of it as a 'wet fish' hand shake, however, to grip a persons hand strongly with pressure is not done here.  I have changed my ways.

Saying 'no', to an invitation is down right rude.  Therefore .... inviting Mexicans to a party can be tricky.  They may accept with enthusiasm, and not have any intention of coming.  If, on the other hand you are invited to a Mexican party ... not accepting can hurt feelings.  RATS!!  Just when I had learned to say 'NO' and not feel guilty too!  It is perfectly acceptable to accept an invitation and not turn up.

Time, as most of you probably know, is not of much importance here.  Inviting Mexicans for dinner at 7:00 pm may mean they don't arrive 'til 8:00 or even 10:00 pm.  I don't know how you go about saving the dinner.  Learning to be on Mexico time is actually good for me.  Less stress.

A couple of days ago, when it was nice and clear, I went up the spiral stairs to the roof terrace.  Took some photos.  The view is wonderful.  Have a look.



View of the pots on the roof top a little ways away.  I think the pots are beautiful.                                       
 
Here are the wonderful set of spiral stairs which get you to the top terrace.  I'm going to have a terrace party.   One of the games will be 'stair racing' ...... who can reach the top the fastest with a glass of wine in their hand!!!  What do you think?
 
Grumpy Marshall Weather Report for San Miguel de Allende for Saturday, January 16, 2010.
Sunny skies with a high of 63 degrees F.  Low of 40 degrees F.  Humidity 30%.

This quote really hit me .... it is sooooooo true!  We are who we are.  It's time we loved ourselves for it!
 
"There comes a time when you have to stand up and shout:

This is me damn it!  I look the way I look, think the way I think, feel the way I feel, love the way I love!  I am a whole complex package.  Take me ... or leave me.  Accept me - or walk away!  Do not try to make me feel like less of a person, just because I don't fit your idea of who I 'should' be and don't try to change me to fit your mold.  If I need to change, I alone will make that decision.
 

When you are strong enough to love yourself 100%, good and bad - you will be amazed at the opportunities that life presents you."  ~ Stacey Charter

No comments: