Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Sunday, January 3, 2010

* I have Arriv .. ed


As Inspector Clouseau would say in the Pink Panther .... I have Arriv .... ed!  It's been a long journey.  I can honestly say I am tired!  I figure I've been up about 32 hours at this point.

My little place is very beautiful.  I will show you one photograph a day ... that will keep you coming back, right?  This is my door.  It's got a beautiful hand woven, very traditional, Mexican wreath hanging there.  I adore it.  I remember they use this technique for many of their traditional Christmas decorations.

The terrain is very similar to Santa Fe --- perhaps a little more scrub brush and cactus.  Missing the Sierra Madres.  I just consulted a map, and we are in fact sitting on the western edge of the Sierra Madre Oriental mountains.  This must be like the foot hills.  It also reminds me very much of the country side around Kamloops.  Gorgeous long hilly vistas which seem to go on for miles and miles to the horizon.  The drive from Leon airport, which was 1 1/2 hours gave me a good feel for the landscape.

So far today, I've climbed 32 million stairs.  That was just to access my lodging!  Then I had to drag my bags up, one at a time.   Then I had to go shopping for a little food for din din.  This involved walking.  They say it is a 'flat' walk.  This is relative.  Especially when you live in a 'hill town'.  I would say every street has some sort of a slope.  I will stick to what they refer to as flat, until I get in a bit better shape.  I totally understand why they call it 'The City of Fallen Women".  I only walked about 10 blocks total today, however, I feel I could have fallen and died at any moment. The cobble stones are definitely out to get you! Sometimes, there is one missing.  If you are not paying close attention, you fall in the hole, then you fall down!  I find gawking and walking to be a dangerous pass time.  I've decided if I see something interesting across the street to gawk at, I will discontinue the walk.  This will be known as stop and gawk instead of walk and gawk.  It's safer.  It's the old adage.  Do one thing at a time, do it very well and move on to the next.  Huffing and puffing is going on because of the altitude.   Wait 'til I hit the real hilly streets.  I will be clinging to the walls.

The culture does not seem to have changed.  Everyone is in the streets, walking and talking. All generations together.  Entire families are out for evening strolls.  Socializing in the zocolo (town square) is a pass time here.  As I walked by, the benches and curbs were full of 'chatters', some played guitars and sang, street food was being prepared and sold.  The place is ALIVE.  I like that.

I did manage to locate a bottle of wine on the way home.  It was 8.00 CDN. and it's a good drop.  Tomorrow, I will explore a little more.  I will get in some groceries.

Tonight I am relaxing.  I am going to stand under the shower for an eternity ... I don't care if it's not 'green'.  As I sit typing this, the church bells are ringing.  Church bells make my heart sing.  I can also hear roosters crowing!  Ah yes, I remember this.  It makes me smile.  I love it!

"If we are to achieve a richer culture, rich in contrasting values, we must recognize the whole gamut of human potentialities, and so weave a less arbitrary social fabric, one in which each diverse gift will find a fitting place.  ~ Margaret Mead


Forgot to tell you.  The night we flew out of Seattle the moon lit up the earth as though she lay in candle light.  Our pilot announced it was an incredible night to view Mount Rainier.  Luckily, I was on the right site of the plane. He flew so close, I felt the wing would touch!  We were almost level with the top of the mountain ... in the moonlight!  Pure Magic.  How lucky was I to see that!

PS:  My cousin in Eastern Canada wants to be informed of the weather.  Yes, I will do this for you, simply to amuse you and keep you smiling.  The weather report I include each day will be known as the "Grump Marshall" Report.  Don't ask too many questions ... it's his nick name!!  So here goes.

Grumpy Marshall Weather Report for San Miguel de Allende, Sunday, January 3rd 2010

 - mainly sunny with a few clouds and 70 degrees F.

No comments: