Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

* Bloody Freezing and Frida Kahlo


Late, Monday night, January 11, 2010.  The wind is howling tonight.  I'd forgotten how cold it can be without central heating.  Stone buildings are notorious for their numbing abilities.  I've been huddled under the shower until there was no more hot water!  I'm still not warm. I stood there dreaming of being a slim little wisp of a thing so my entire body could receive the warmth all at once.  As it was, I felt like a lamb on a spit, constantly rotating, round and round in order to warm every part of myself.  It reminds me of Scotland in the 60's.  Taking a bath was only for heroes. It took some sort of illusive courage simply to turn on the faucet and loose yourself in the fog.  Tonight the bathroom was filled with steam.  I transported myself to one of the exotic steam baths of Europe.  I have no idea who was in there with me.  I couldn't see.  Whoever they were, they were very quiet.  ; )

Currently, I am waiting for the kettle to boil so I can fill my hot water bottle!  How bad is that??????  I told you, flying solo has it's draw backs! A partner comes with body heat.  lol  I just checked the current conditions.  It's 36 degrees F!!!  That's only 4 degrees above freezing.  YIKES!  I'm going for my hot water bottle ... the kettle is boiling.  I'd better grab it before I'm blinded by the steam in the kitchen.

Besides the nightly Siberian effect in SMA, things are still going swimmingly.  I have enrolled in a Shrine making workshop.  Not 'til the end of January.  For an age now, I have wanted to do some work with shrines.  It's past due.  This is the perfect opportunity.

Anado McLauchlin, who teaches the class seems very interesting indeed (this could be an understatement).  Have a boo at his web site at www.madebyanado.com.  I can't wait to see where he lives.  It is outside SMA.  I shall take a taxi.


Frida Kahlo fascinates me.  Her life, her times, her pain, her philosophies, her travels, her art and her marriage to Diego Rivera.  I've  decided to make a shrine to honour her contribution to art in Mexico and the world.  I'm on the hunt for all things Frida.  I found some post cards of her self portraits. Also found a 'sacred heart' with San Miguel de Allende on the front.  A small tin angel.  I will hunt for more tomorrow.  I have a passion for hunting!


Success!  Frida is everywhere.  After all, she is part of Mexican folk lore, an icon.  I have chosen some of my favorite self portraits, a charm with her picture on it, a pink rose quartz stone in the shape of a heart, a lovely ceramic cross.  I don't know what I will use yet.  That's half the fun isn't it!  I'm sure I will be adding beads, glitter and who knows what else!  I'm excited.

I've had another excellent day.  I enjoyed taking photos.  I will share them with you tomorrow.

Again today, the art here absolutely overwhelms.  It will take me awhile to absorb is all.  I'm so in love with the architecture.  It's soft, round, gracious, fluid and flowing.  I could go on and on.  I long to scoop it up and take it home with me.  I've always said I was born in some distant land, far away from my real place of belonging. The Mediterranean caused that feeling within me.  Here in San Miguel, far away from Canada, I know this to be true.

Haiku for today:

The air is thick with
truth - I am in love with all
bathrooms!  Thank you God!

Please see:  http://fragmentsofawoman.blogspot.com/ for my 'bathroom' gratefulness!

Grumpy Marshall Weather Report for San Miguel de Allende for Tuesday, January 12, 2010.

Forecast is for rain in the afternoon.  A high of 57 degrees F.  A low of 44 degrees F.


“There have been two great accidents in my life. One was the trolley, and the other was Diego. Diego was by far the worst.” ~ Frida Kahlo

No comments: