Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

* A Hopeful Lunch

I had lunch with Hope yesterday.  The woman I met on the "Grace In Small Things" site.  She's lovely.  We talked about art, living in SMA, how to meet people here.  While I was waiting for Hope to arrive, I did in fact meet two other people.  Chris, a retired psychology professor from UBC, (University of British Columbia in Vancouver) and Carolyn.  They are an item.  I am now invited to a play "Mary Stuart", which Chris is in.  Feb. 8th ... I'm booked.

Hope's house is available for rent.  Circumstances take her back to the states for an extended period.  She is picking me up on Sunday and will take me to her house to see if it may suitable for my needs when I come back.  So there, I said it!  I am coming back to SMA and rent for a year.  See how I like it.  WHEW!!!  Decision made!

After lunch, I walked over to the Instituto Allende (school of art and Spanish).  A huge art fair was on there.  It's overwhelming the amount of art which is made here in this community.  It seems everyone does something!

When I got home yesterday, Kameron was just coming into the Casa.  She came up and we had wine on the terrace and chatted.  Nice to have company.

Here are a few photos from the Art Fair:





Awesome live entertainment, in an incredibly beautiful old building full of all the arts and crafts you could imagine.  What better way to spend an afternoon.

I decided not to attend my art class this morning.  I was too anxious.  It was making me sick.  I hadn't registered yet and when I looked again at the poster, I did not have a supply list, nor had I purchased any supplies.  So here I am ... at home.  I finally had an e-mail from the art teacher I wanted to study with.  She is available tomorrow for an initial meeting, so I have decided to go that route instead.

Today, I am making a trip to the art supply store for canvas's and paints.  I only brought some brushes with me, due to bulk and weight issues with luggage.

Afternoon tea in the courtyard of an old colonial home.



Grumpy Marshall Weather Report for San Miguel de Allende for Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Jan 19
ClearClear
Hi: 74°
Lo: 44°
Day: Sunny skies. High 74F, humidity 30%. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 8
5%
Night: Clear skies. Low 44F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.
5%

"All too frequently, anxiety crushes not only your spirit and your potential, but your ability to take care of your mind and body."  ~Jonathan Davidson and Henry Dreher, The Anxiety Book: Developing Strength in the Face of Fear

No comments: