Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Sunday, January 31, 2010

* Progressing plus a Trip and Fall

Can you see progress?  I've been working and working on this one.  It's coming.  No class until Tuesday, so I have a couple of days.  It's actually turned out to be quite complicated.  (At some level I knew that when I drew it) ..... however, did I stop .... Oh No!  I am having fun though and that's the main point isn't it.

I've finally done it.  I've gotten it over with.  It's behind me now.  It shall not happen again.  Today, I fully understand why SMA is called 'the city of fallen women'.  Yes, indeed, I became one of them.  Almost home, tripped on a cobblestone, plummeted forth with great force into the stream of traffic, tried desperately to save myself ... faster and faster.... AH YES ... I'm going to be OK .... I'm going to make it .... OH NO ..... can't do it, can't save myself, faster and faster..... YES.....NO......... I give up - I'm goin' down!!!  I landed just before I hit a cement wall, butting it with my head.  My inner wisdom saved me.  It was not a pretty site.  I started the fall on one side of the street - finished it on the other!  People got out of their cars, pedestrians came running, the policeman on the corner came to investigate.  I had my shopping bag with me full of groceries.  They landed here there and everywhere, strewn a little at a time .... nothing nice and neat about it.  My shins took the worst of it ... I'm sure they will be black and blue.  HOWEVER, I am fine ... no broken bones ... no strained muscles ... no sprains or torn ligaments!  How luck am I?!  So, I've been there, done that, didn't particularly care for it and shall not do it again!  I came straight home and opened a bottle of wine.  Yes, I've got my priorities right.

The photo of the cobblestones I have added are 'good' cobblestones.  They are pretty even, well laid, no holes and gullies, hills and dales.  One day I will take my camera out and do a survey of cobblestone complications ... places where they are not so even ... in fact ... places which are indescribable.  It's going to be an adventure, because I will probably have to lie flat on the ground to get a good shot.  Hope nobody drives over me.

Grumpy Marshall Weather Report for San Miguel de Allende for January 31, 2010

Jan 31
Partly CloudyPartly Cloudy
Hi: 70° Lo: 50°
Day: Partly cloudy skies. High 70F, humidity 30%. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 8
Night: Mostly clear skies. Low 50F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.

"Success is falling nine times and getting up ten."  ~Jon Bon Jovi 
 If we are taking this quote absolutely literally, once is enough for me.  lol

No comments: