Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Sunday, January 17, 2010

* Me and My Shadow


I have an odd feeling here in this country.  I feel very much at home, like I belong here.  And yet, today I feel lonely.  Something in my heart is aching.  Something is missing.  Is that what it's like to 'fly solo'?  Like a part of you is always missing?  I have worked so hard to find 'all' of myself.   I want so much to feel whole and complete .... and yet .... I have these moments.  These moments when I feel part of my heart is still missing ... the part that was there when the love of my life and I were together.  I'm not sure if I will ever find the missing bit.  Ah well,  that's life, isn't it!  Change is the only thing we can rely on.

Above, is my "Queenly wave".  Don't you just love the blue and red faucet I have acquired for my right breast!  Very funky!

I woke up today to absolutely NO HEAT, and NO HOT WATER.  It was absolutely freezing.  There is no natural gas here, and no one has a furnace.  Tanks are in.  Obviously, the tank ran dry.  When Dominga, the maid came, she fixed everything.  Thank the Divine Mother for Women! She also put flannel sheets on my bed.  How lovely. It warmed up today.  The sun shone.  It was probably in the 60's.  I enjoyed the warmth so much.


I walked and walked and walked.  Spent most of my day at the Artisans' Market (one of them).  It's about 6 or 7 blocks long.  I had so much fun.  Bought too much stuff to make things with ... I'm dangerous like that!  I will take this to our Nicho session on Thursday and we can all 'dig in'.  Wendy and May have a lot of art 'stuff', however, I felt as though I had not contributed.  This will be my little bit for the cause!

I'm getting busy.  Can you believe it!  I belong to the GIST sight. (Grace in Small Things).  A lovely lady named Hope, who also belongs to the site, and who spends her winters in SMA, has invited me for coffee.  I spoke with her today and we are having lunch together tomorrow.  She is an artist.  Her art is amazing.  Here's the link.  http://www.hopeswann.com/  I'll keep you posted.

On Monday and Tuesday I am attending an art workshop at the Instituto Allende.  It's called "The Healing Power of Art, and is taught by Marsha Stonehouse.  Her brochure says:  "A mixed media workshop in cultivating and releasing the creative spirit. From a state of presence, open to a deep,
personal dialogue with images, words and feelings.  Allow the transformative power of your creativity
to heal the body, mind and spirit."  It sounds right up my alley as I am attempting to find my own creative voice.  This will help me move forward in that department.  Again, I'll keep you posted.

Tuesday evening I have been invited out to dinner.  Cameron, who lives in the apartment below me, belongs to a group of women 'The Sisterhood'.  They meet every Tuesday from 5:00 to 7:00 pm to catch up, eat, drink and be merry.  Sounds like fun to me!

Wednesday, I have an astrology reading with a very well known astrologer.  I'm having my natal chart reading with 2010 transits and progressions.


Thursday is Nicho day at Wendys'.  So, not bad for only being here for 2 weeks tomorrow.  It does seem like a very sociable town.  Who knows after that.  For now, I am very grateful to have so many interesting events to look forward to.


Photos for today.  Children playing.  Bubbles.  Feeding the birds.  Cats among the pigeons.  Colourful streets.  Here we go.


Grumpy Marshall Weather Report for San Miguel de Allende for Sunday, January 17, 2010


FairFair
Hi: 67°
Lo: 43°
Day: Sunny skies. High 67F, humidity 45%. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 8

Night: Clear skies. Low 43F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.

 

Before you end your day, check this out.  It really is an incredible palindrome. It will make you think.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42E2fAWM6rA 

 

"I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken -- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived."  ~ Margaret Mitchell

No comments: