Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Dear Al and Doris,

How lovely of you to call.  Your voices made me a little homesick - just for the 'good old days' when we were all one big happy family.  We had weekend trips to Jasper in the trailer, you, Al, married Doris (thank goodness), you had beautiful children who ate gum out of the ashtrays in the car, and as we grew up we all sat in each others kitchen drinking irish coffee and enjoying each others company.  Many happy memories.  I do not have many photographs left.  Most of them were destroyed when I had a flood in the basement in Duncan.  All my treasures were in one trunk, and it was completely ruined.  These survived.  I'm sure they will bring fond memories back for both of you.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find a photo of Doris or myself --- so just put us in there somewhere.

Do you remember how truly silly Papa was?  And the trailer?  How could you forget.

This was our trip to Jasper.  Believe it or not, that's you, Al, at the window buying us ice cream!

I think this was the Jasper weekend.  Remember simply sprawling out in the open air and relaxing?

Jasper for sure.  Getting some sun, Al!

Ah yes, a good old wash up first thing in the morning.  Nothing like it!

And ... Dot and Rog looked like this.  Ah Yes, these were the good old days!  Miss them tonight.

"The years teach much which the days never know. "
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Night, night you two.  Sweet dreams.  I love you both dearly.  Love, Donna xx 

No comments: