Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Saturday, July 10, 2010

* "You're going places, Baby."


I've received an award.  I love the name of it.  "You're going places, Baby."  Having Bogie involved - what can I say.  One of the classics and one of my favorites.  Casablanca - delicious no matter how many times I see it.  I'm delighted, Salma.  Thank you so much for thinking of me.  It's an honour.  I hope you are right! 

Salma is a lady who makes things happen.  Salma IS 'Going Places'.  I'd love to be around in ten years to see where and what she is up to.  Whatever she chooses, it will be remarkable.  This vibrant young woman has more than one blog.  Visiting her creations will make you think.  Her sites will entertain you.  She loves to share and is always helping others to express themselves. The Sole Sisters Collective is a perfect example.  Have a peak.  Perhaps you have a story to contribute.   (I promise I'm going to get on that one of these days!)  Salma's other site, Rainy Days and Mondays will give you a glimpse into the life of a modern Muslim woman, being wife, mother and holding a career in Toronto, Canada.  The joys, the tears, the life she and her family are carving out for themselves. Enjoy!  

THE RULES OF ACCEPTANCE
 Make an acceptance speech, talking about where you see yourself in the next 10 years, as well as finding 10 other deserving folks for this reward.

 Thank you Salma.  You are a doll to pass this award my way.  Going Places is a good thing.  I'm tickled pink.  ❤❤❤❥❥

 TEN years down the road.  That's big for me, Salma.  I want to do so much in the next ten years.  I actually haven't formulated a complete plan to get there, however, here are some of f my thoughts on the subject.


 1.  Live in another country of my choice.  (doing that one.)

1a. Create a little haven to live in.  (in progress)

2.   Have my art hanging in a gallery.

3.  Be invited to hang at art shows (even if I have to hold my own and invite myself .. ha ha)

4.  Publish my book.

5.  Be very comfortable conversing in the Spanish language.

6.  Have a life of 'quality', friends and projects, in San Miguel.  Be emersed in the culture as far as that is possible.

7.  Still want to be traveling.

I could go on, however I won't bore you.  It's a good challenge to think about where you want to be in 10 years, especially at my age.  I will be 73.  I really really really want to make these years the best they can be.

Tomorrow, I will link you to other bloggers who are definitely "Going Places, Baby".  Stay tuned.

"If standard of living is your major objective, quality of life almost never improves, but if quality of life is your number one objective, your standard of living almost always improves."  ~ Zig Ziglar

No comments: