Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Monday, May 31, 2010

Bored and Deaf ....

I think it's boredom.  I'm restless tonight.  Can't seem to settle to anything.  I don't feel this way often, especially with so much to do.

Purchased my washing machine today.  Clean cloths on the line is always a good thing.  That's right - no dryer for me.  Out in the sunshine, fresh air, flapping in the breeze .. just like the good old days!  WM will be delivered tomorrow - so I hope the workers have some place to stash it.

I dropped by the carpenters' shop where I special ordered my bed frame two months ago.  I had it built higher off the floor in order to have good storage underneath.  Also had four drawers built into each side.  Storage in a small space is always a challenge.  It wasn't quite finished?!  I guess no one had called them - so they got on with other work.  It's more than half finished.  The carpenter (Luis) assured me it would be delivered by tomorrow noon.  How?  I have no clue.  This is Mexico.

I have purchased my mattress, however the shop was closed today so I couldn't arrange for delivery.

I have a meeting at the house tomorrow morning with a very talented, creative, handy man.  I met him when I lived at Aparicio as he does work for them.  He is one of the lovely people here who offered to do anything he could to help me in the circumstances I am in.  Anyway, the 'old door' table is ready.  The armoire is gutted and is ready to hang cloths in.  They will be delivered tomorrow.  I have lots more for him to work on.  Tomorrow I want to discuss what needs to be done and get estimates.

I don't even have a decent photograph for you today.   OH .. wait .... yes I do.  Maria, Sylvia's housekeeper, did origami on my toilet paper roll when I first came.  She said it was to welcome me to San Miguel.  Here's the photo.  Maria is very sweet.

I was impressed!

Tomorrow is a busy day.  I'm going to sign off.  Oh -- also forgot to tell you why I am deaf.  Had a terrible ear ache.  Looked up home remedies on the net.  Seems as though white vinegar might be the answer.  I had Sylvia pour some in my ear ... and voila ... swimmers ear -- deaf as a post!  Hope is clears up soon.  Ache is gone!

Something else to share with you.  I have a totally new attitude toward money.  So far, I'm doing very well at it.

Money is only useful when you get rid of it. It is like the odd card in "Old Maid"; the player who is finally left with it has lost.
Evelyn Waugh

No comments: