Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Saturday, May 22, 2010

* A New Day ...

Thank goodness for some sleep and a new perspective on life.  I still feel very shaky and overwhelmed, however, somewhat better.  I plan a very quiet day full of naps and meditation.

There were three garage sales listed for today.  Sylvia and I decided to venture forth and see what we could find.  We put the sales in order of priority, called a taxi and off we went.  They all began at 10:00 AM.  Our first stop had a sign on the door.  "Sale postponed until tomorrow."  We thought this one seemed to have the most 'stuff' we might be interested in.  Off to the next one.  It was 10:00 am sharp when we pulled up. One man leaving the apartment was muttering 'you snooze, you loose'.  The small room was jammed.  Like rush hour in LA when traffic jams are, bumper to bumper, Mexican garage sales are people, swarming and swirling, bum to bum.  Hard to move and difficult to maneuver.  We managed however.  Women are gifted at being focused of mind and quick of hand.  The trick is to move quickly, while looking calm and nonchalant.  Eye contact with other shoppers is good.  While you hold them in your gaze, your hands work stealthily picking the table to your right clean.  Smiling and nodding, others don't know what happened.  By the time they get back to the business at hand, you have your arms full of the essentials which you can't live without.   I carried 2 small tables, a bird cage, pitcher and small mirror.  One woman informed me I needed a red flag, I was dangerous.  People did tend to part and make way for me though.  Sylvia bobbed and weaved through the crowd with her solid brass candle stick.  Sylvia is petite and low to the ground  She appears very unthreatening.   She could be an ankle biter and no one would be the wiser. In fact, perhaps that is her secret.  In the past, Sylvia has been very successful at garage sale-ing! At any rate, we did it! Our mission was accomplished.  We came, we bought, we came away with the booty.  I may be a little rusty at this, however it's like riding a bike - it all comes back in one big rush. We left the sale at 10:20.  The room was virtually empty.  Picked clean in minutes by focused women who know what they want. Amazingly refreshing.

These are the items I managed to snag for la Luz.  Photos follow.
  
A Pitcher for the Sangria.  Come on over, I am perfecting my recipe - $4.00

A little table for the side of my bed.   $15.00

Small antique mirror.  $4.50

Bird Cage for decoration.  $10.00

Round table for covered terrace.  I will paint it.  $7.00

If you surrender to the wind, you can ride it.  ~Toni Morrison

It is the false shame of fools to try to conceal wounds that have not healed.  ~Horace

No comments: