Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

* Good News ..

Some good news from the meeting with my architect this morning.  He has been paid up to date.  (No monies missing there.)  Whew!  I still have to pay him the 20% hold back upon completion, however, that was expected.  I might be able to move into my house within the next week and a half.  They will still be working outside.  I don't mind.

It was an early meeting.  The air was fresh and cool.  Thoroughly enjoyed my walk.  Strolled over and spent a little time with my lovely neighbour Wendy.  She is off on a little journey to visit family.  When she returns, she may have a new neighbour.  Safe journey, Wendy.  Enjoy the moments.

Walking home I felt very weak.  It was a struggle.  I think I am going to stock up on electrolites and drink a bottle a day.  Seems to help.  Had more naps today.  Seemed to need them.  It ticks me off.  My energy levels have been so high.  This needing to nap does not agree with me anymore.  Still, it is what it is.  As Ivan would say .... "It's natural living."

This evening a friend, Maryjo, and a carpenter Moises picked me up and we went to the house.  Moises is going to build me shelves for the kitchen, and bathroom.  He is going to put doors under the terrace stairs so I can have a little bodega (storage).  When I purchase my lamps and ceiling fans, he will install them.  Today we are going to pick up the armoire and the old door.  Moises will gut the inside of the armoire and make it into a full closet.  He will also transform the old door into a table.  Today, Moises is picking me up at 11:00 am.  We will go and pick up the door, armoire and piggy trough so they can be transformed into useful and functional items.  It will be fun.

Guido is still enjoying my little terrace.  I often find him in the hammock.  That is why you don't often find me in the hammock.  Today I caught him peeking out.


Our 'babies' Paloma, Benjie and Habibi are doing fine and paying attention in class.

The gardenias are blooming.  The fragrance is mind altering.

"Live this day as if it will be your last.  Remember that you will only find 'tomorrow' on the calendars of fools.  Forget yesterday's defeats and ignore the problems of tomorrow.  This is it.  Doomsday.  All you have.  Make it the best day of your year.  The saddest words you can ever utter are, "If I had my life to live over again.  "Take the baton, now.  Run with it!  This is your day!  Beginning today, treat everyone you meet, friend or foe, loved one or stranger, as if they were going to be dead at midnight.  Extend to each person, no matter how trivial the contact, all the care and kindness and understanding and love that you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward.  Your life will never be the same again.  ~ Og Mandino (American Essayist and Psychologist, 1923-1996)

No comments: