Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

* Living with Guido

Quick post tonight.  It's late.  The power has been off since late afternoon.  I was so hot, Habibi and I went up on the roof to nap til the power came on.  It was incredibly beautiful.  If I had a day bed, I would definitely be able to sleep on my roof on these kinds of nights.

A little update on what's going on here with my house.  I had a preliminary meeting today.  I am very hopeful things can be worked out without lawyers being involved.  The cost could actually bankrupt me and it could go on for years.  I have chosen to follow my intuition which says to approach it personally, with much respect.  Pay attention, have a clear knowing what I need and work it out.  The house situation itself is going to be OK I think.  With any luck I will have access later this week.  I will keep you up to date on that one.  After all, this is Mexico.  I am learning ... it's like the wild west ... anything can happen.

I have lost quite a chunk of money.  Again, I am approaching it one on one.  A long drawn out law suit with lawyers involved would not be beneficial to either party.  We could both end up penniless.  What's the point in that.   With a personal approach I think there will be more chance of it working.  An agreement will have to be drawn up by a lawyer - however, again, I am hopeful I will get my money back over a period of time.

And ... you know what?  It is only money.  I cannot take any of the green stuff with me.  I am not ill.  THAT would be a problem.  Those I love are fine.  No disaster has occurred.  I actually think I'm pretty lucky it is 'only' a money issue.  The best news is I am pretty sure at this stage of the game I will get my house back.  I'll keep you posted.

So lets talk about Guido.  Guido lives on my terrace.  We chat through the screen doors.  We've had a long conversation and have reached an agreement.  Guido stays on my terrace and does his work. (mostly keeping the bug population at bay and gobbling down the crickets if they are eating the plants.)  I stay in my room and do whatever it is that I do.  We are slowly adjusting to each other.  These things take time.  When I lived in the Caymans I didn't sleep for the first 3 nights.  After 3 nights of sleep deprivation one realizes one has to come to terms so one can keep ones sanity.  (Don't you just love talking like the Queen?)  In case your interest is peaked and you are wondering what I am talking about - it is geckos.  Guido and I are slowly approaching friendship - Guido from his side of the screen, I from mine.

His little feet are kind of fascinating.  Not fascinating enough to let him inside though!

"Life's up and downs provide windows of opportunity to determine your values and goals. Think of using all obstacles as stepping stones to build the life you want."
Marsha Sinetar

"Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are."
Bernice Johnson Reagon

No comments: