Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Monday, May 24, 2010

* Quinta de Luz

No question, de Luz and I have experienced our problems of late.  Are we going to make it?  You bet!  Slow but sure.  Perhaps, this next weekend, if the builder is able to put on a last big 'push', I may be able to move in.  The outside terrace and garden will not be anywhere near finished, however, with a lot of luck, the inside may be livable.  The process has been slow.  I am learning so much so quickly about living here.

An early morning walk today, before the sun felt like it was sitting two inches above my head, found me at the house.  Some progress has been made this week.  Not what I had hoped for.
The juliet balcony is on and primed.  It will look nice when painted black.

The stairs have been painted blue.

The bricks for the terrace walls have been delivered.  The rebar for support is stored on the roof.

The whole around the cistern has been dug out.  Completely by hand I might add.

Tiling has begun in the bathroom.  I love the border!

I wanted to show you my bathroom window.  Is is not gorgeous?

The addition of a bench in the shower is going to be useful.  I think the shape is very functional as well.

Sink is being installed in the kitchen.

The floor is antiqued, the crack in the chimney has been repaired.

You can see what the floor looks like with the sealer on.  Very rich.

Tomorrow I'm going shopping for ceiling fans, track lighting and some tools.  Not much to begin with, a hammer mainly.  I want to put up some wire to train vines after I get them planted.  Sylvia and I are going to try a new little Jamaican restaurant for lunch.

I could not agree with the following quote more.  It is an integral part of my belief system.  It has not always been a part of me.  It did not come naturally because of my conditioning.  I had to work for it.  I have it now.  It is serving me well through this 'bump in the road' I am experiencing.  I have been blessed that I wanted and was able to do 'the work'.  It doesn't mean the world changed in any way.  It only means I can handle it perhaps a little bit better. 
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.  Attitude, to me, is more important than facts.  It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do.  It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill.  It will make or break a company, a church, a home.  The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.  We cannot change our past ... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way.  We cannot change the inevitable.  The only thing we can do is plan on the one string we have, and that is our attitude.  I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.  And so it is ... we are in charge of our Attitudes."  ~ Charles R. Swindoll
I received this with a bouquet of flowers from a dear friend in Australia.  Thought I would share with you.
Happiness keeps you Sweet,  
Trials keep you Strong,  
Sorrows keep you Human,  
Failures keep you Humble,  
Success keeps you Glowing,  
But .... Only Friends ............
 Keep You Going !!! 

No comments: