Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

* Hummingbirds and Puppydogs

A hopeful meeting at Quinta de Luz this morning with the contractor.  If all goes well I may, just may, be able to move in Sunday or Monday.  Work will carry on outside.  It will be dusty.  It will be 'home'.

After that I ventured to Centro for a meeting with others who are involved with this 'con' I have experienced.  Worse than first thought.  In the beginning, they thought I was the only one involved.  Now three others have come forward who are in the same unfortunate position.  It is thought these 'transactions' have been going on for about a year.  They are in shock.  It was good to know.  It helped me make an important decision.  With this many people involved, the hope of getting any of my money back has diminished to a mere trickle.  Do I want to spend the next years of my life with lawyers in courts, spending money I no longer have, with no hope of any financial return on my investment?  An investment of my precious time, my health, my stamina, my determination, my heart and soul?  Definitely NOT!  It made my decision easier.  I will move forward, doing what pleases me with what remains.  I simply don't want to waste my energy in that way.  These years of my life are too important. It's all about 'letting go'.

Having made that life altering decision,  I went shopping.  That's what girls do when they are under a tad of stress.  Found some lovely 100% cotton clothing - nice outfits for this hot, hotter and hottest weather.  I was pleased.   From the dress shop to the hairdresser.  Ah yes, nothing like a hair cut to give one a lift.

Came home to dinner on the terrace.  Home made bean soup with fresh baked croutons.  Salad of tomatoes, onions, avocado, cucumber, served with fresh from the market (still warm) tortillas.  The hummingbirds entertained us and the dogs watched from the upstairs balcony.  It's been a good day.

I'm outa' here!
Paloma and Benjie

"You cannot let go of anything if you cannot notice that you are holding it. Admit your 'weaknesses' and watch them morph into your greatest strengths."
Neale Donald Walsch

As I started to picture the trees in the storm, the answer began to dawn on me. The trees in the storm don't try to stand up straight and tall and erect. They allow themselves to bend and be blown with the wind. They understand the power of letting go. Those trees and those branches that try too hard to stand up strong and straight are the ones that break. Now is not the time for you to be strong, Donna, or you, too, will break.
-- Julia Butterfly Hill 

No comments: