Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

* New Interface and The Old Days ...

I have no idea what's happening to my blog.  Since I posted last, the font has entirely changed and I don't like it.  Maybe it's time for a new look anyway  - just not that one.  OK, now I've complained about the new interface I can move on.

The old days ... ah yes.  It was 2001 and I joined my first art group on the web.  Exciting stuff.  I had a brand new mac, and I was a happy camper.  We swapped everything but the kitchen sink, and did round robins for Altered Books.  I had not been exposed to any of this before, but fell into it up to my neck and loved every minute of it.  Collage was Queen ... we were all gah gah over it.  Oh, you could go and buy rubber stamps, a few trinkets,  and some pretty paper, but absolutely nothing like it is today.

Today I came across one book where Carolyn Summers had been in the round robin as well.  I saved my pages and Carolyn's - the others went in the bin.  I'm going to bind what I have as a memory book.  I made some photographs of the book I called "Other Whimsey" - here are the pages I'm keeping.  You can really see the difference between 'then and now'.  It got me hooked on the web and this kind of art.  Been involved in something ever since.

I remember getting such a kick out of creating "A bad day at the house of Ylang Ylang"  Ylang being a beautiful smelling concoction which keeps everyone calm and mellow.   In this house, absolutely everything is in chaos, except for the horse with the boy on it's back sitting by the front door.  Just tickled my sense of humour and still does.


I'd spend hours looking for just the right images and place them in just the right place!  It kept me quiet anyway.  These are all single pieces placed into a collage.

These pages were Carolyn's contribution to my book.  I loved them then and I love them now.  When I looked through the books, I realized that most of the artists involved didn't have a clue what they were doing.  I didn't either, but I learned fast and enjoyed it so much, I got to be OK in a hurry.

This was the group I met Carolyn in.  She loves oriental arrangements and also did this beautiful page.
That's it for today my lovely's.  Hope you are all well and happy and creating fabulous art.  What would we do without it.  xoxo  Donna

"You get your intuition back when you make space for it, when you stop the chattering of the rational mind."

~ Anne Lamott

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Blogger!!!!!Grrrrrrrrrrr! Lovely old pages and memories. Hugs, Valerie

Nancy said...

Great pages, and fun to take a "look back". Hope you are feeling better. Enjoyed your story of Saturdays.

Nancy Lynn said...

Blogging.......oh my haven't done that lately. I do enjoy looking at some blogs these days and yours is definitely one I enjoy. I so enjoy your paintings and pages.

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

What a pages and memories Donna. Such a creativity. Beautiful pages you have made.
Thanks for your kind comment on my blog and I hope that it will be better with you.
My lovely greet and a nice Sunday
Marja
(marjascreativity)

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

That is a wonderful memory. I always admire a good collage. It's something I'm not able to do but that's ok. :) I can do other things instead.

Lynn Stevens said...

Well I'd have to say you and Carolyn were way ahead of your time! Love your pages done so many years ago.
I'd spot Carolyn's Asian flair a mile away. LOL
hugs Lynn

Jess said...

hi Donna! So happy to meet you, looking forward to following your creative journey. Love the pages! Art is such a great capture of the places we are in our lives. Thank you for sharing yours :)