Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Saturday, June 5, 2010

* Dawn in San Miguel

I climb the stone steps, still warm with the heat of yesterday.  Opening the door to the roof terrace, Habibi and I emerge into the coolness of a desert morning.  Just before dawn.  The Moon hangs high in the sky, waiting for her partner the Sun.  I lift Habibi into my arms and sit comfortably in a wrought iron chair.  I lift a cup of freshly brewed coffee to my lips.  The day is about to begin.

 The cupolas across the street begin to reveal themselves.

The first light of the day creeps toward the horizon.

A chill comes over me as the light begins to change.  The cool night air lingers, still caressing my skin.  This time of day is special.

Habibi snuggles closer into my neck.  It's comforting.

I sit in silence and awe as the sky changes.


 Here she comes!

AHHHhhhhh.

 "We can only appreciate the miracle of a sunrise if we have waited in the darkness."


"The grand show is eternal.  It is always sunrise somewhere; the dew is never dried all at once; a shower is forever falling' vapor is ever rising.  Eternal sunrise, eternal dawn and gloaming, on sea and continents and islands, each in its turn, as the round earth rolls."

No comments: