Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

* Research Project and more work beginning ...

I'm back at it.  Trying to find the perfecto, excellente, bubbly at the right price.  I came across Andres Brut today at the price of 101 pesos ($8.42 cdn.).  In Canada, I would not be caught dead drinking Andres (aren't they the ones to dreamed up Baby Duck in the 60's).  Here, however, I have a whole new attitude.  Don't rule anything out until you've tried it.  I'm having a second glass, that's a good sign.  It's a little sweet for me though.  Nice bubbles if not a little large.  Makes your mouth expand.  Cork pops nicely and makes that nostalgic sound of many a New Years' Eve.  Actual cork involved - I still consider that a good thing although I do realize times, they are a changin'.  The warning on the top of the cork made me laugh.  DUH!  Are we over governed or what.  Can't anyone think for themselves anymore?  Are we going to pop the cork near our eye, or near the window, or near Mama's best chandelier?  As I say, DUH!  I'm sick of these warnings.  Let people figure it out.  This society is loosing its ability to have any kind of common sense.

They began the last  wall today.  Brought all their equipment last night and started promptly at 7:30 AM.  They worked 'til five.  It's a family company, owned by a son.  His father works for him as well as his own two sons.  They work hard.  They are fast.  They began with nothing today, dug a three foot deep foundation, laid foundation brick and mortar and are half way up the wall already.  They have to pour the concrete supports in the rebar of course.  That could take a day in intself.  Hauling all the cement one five gallon pail at a time, up to the top of the support and pouring it down.  Amazing. 

By the end of the day, it looked like this!  Not bad me things for a days work.

The wall will be finished on Saturday.  The cement yard they have created from mixing the 'stuff' out in the open, will be pick axed and taken away.  The yard will be left neat as a pin.

Moise (Moses) was here today putting in the shelves under the stairs so I could have some storage.  I drew it all out, we measured, he built it, and voila --- a neat little place to keep many things.
Eventually, I will have metal doors built which will close the bodega in and allow it to look finished.  In the mean time, I have some neat storage so everything isn't scattered all over!


Then on Monday ....
Work begins on my jardin!  I simply can't live with all this mud in the back yard, nor do I want to mow grass!  The pathway is going to made made of a soft rose coloured stone with black and charcoal flecks.  The rest of the yard will be gray/black flag stone.  I think it will be pretty with the house and with green plants and trees.  In my original sketch the half fountain was along the side wall.  I wanted it there for a purpose.  So I could SEE it and ENJOY it while relaxing on the terrace.  They are going to move it back to its original position for me.


"When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bounds.  Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great, and wonderful world.  Dormant forces, facilities and talents come alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be." ~ Santiz Patanjali

This is what I feel like when I am in the 'zone' of an idea or project.  It's pure magic.  I am as we speak, creating more of it.


No comments: