Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Saturday, June 19, 2010

* What a Difference a Day Makes

The yard is like night and day.  Still a pile of rubble to be taken away, however it's all on one side awaiting Lunes (Monday).  Maria arrived this morning and managed to make a layer of dust disappear from nearly everything including the windows.  It feels so much better in here.  I simply cannot keep up with the dust.  It will take time after the workers leave to get things dust free.

After Maria left I had plans to go shopping.  I literally could not keep my eyes open.  So ... I closed them and slept for 3 hours.  There went my day.  I feel rested tonight though.  The beginning of my jardin follow.

Flat ground!  Bricks stacked to build the last wall.

Amazing, isn't it!

Once I get my jardin begun I think this will be beautiful place to sit.  Even now, this terrace is a shady spot in the morning for my first cup of coffee.  When the sun goes behind the wall in the evening it's also relaxing and enjoyable.  I'm going to get so much use out of this extra space.

"Done is better than perfect."  ~  Scott Allen

I adore this quote.  It makes so much sense to me now.  "Miss Perfect" was such a huge part of me.  I allowed her to ruin many years of my life.   It took years of therapy to let her quieten herself and sit at the back of the room.  Today, Quinta de Luz is nearly complete.  She is beautiful. She is by no means perfect.  Hand crafted is never perfect as we in North America expect perfection.   Marketing has taught us to expect everything to be 'just so'.  Such high expectations I had for myself.  It brought me to my knees and I quit everything because I was simply not capable of being perfect.  There is a special energy in hand crafted objects.  This house has that 'feel' about it.  Hand crafted, hecho in Mexico.  To my way of thinking now, she is absolute perfection.  I would have her no other way.  She matches my soul.  We are sympatico.








   

No comments: