Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Maria, You Are Loved

Maria takes care of Sylvia's house as well as mine.  Tomorrow is Maria's 46th year on this planet.  For 44 of those years, nothing happened.  No Happy Birthday, no cake, no party, no hugs, no recognition whatsoever.  Last year some of her friends held a surprise party for her.  It was more like shock and awe, since it had never happened before.  This year, Sylvia planned a little party and asked if I would like to participate.  YES!  Naturally, I was right in there.  Some of Sylvia's family is here from the states.  Sylvia picked up a cookbook on chocolate.  Maria's first love is cooking.  She will whip up a meal for you or a party at your house.  I brought the cake.  It was a surprise/shock and awe!  Maria's grandson and one of her daughters were there, as well as a couple of Sylvia's family and me.  Maria wept.  It touched my heart.  We had a great party.

The day has triggered thoughts of being loved and being made to feel 'special'.  I've been fortunate.  I've been well loved and made to feel very very special.  I have a deep knowing of what it feels like.  I have cellular memory, which I have recall of at any moment.  I don't think Maria has had these experiences to any great extent in her life.  These feeling are new to her.  She doesn't know what to do with them.  They come as a shock to her entire system, body, mind and spirit.  And so, she weeps.  I am so very very happy we were all able to help her feel loved and special, if only for a moment, today.  It was lovely to observe.

 
"The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread."  ~Mother Teresa

No comments: