Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Sunday, June 27, 2010

* Something's brewing ...




 ART DEFINITELY HELPS ME BREATHE!   AND ....


Something is bubbling up in the art department.  Not sure what as yet.  Only ideas.  Only experiments.  I like it though and think something will come of it.  Took the three old off cuts from the Hacienda doors.  Started to PLAY.  EXPERIMENT.  CREATE.  Felt good.  This is what's happening so far.  I have more elements to add on top, however, I don't really know how to connect them in a permanent way to the wood.  They are both heavy brass.  I think I want to wire the three pieces of wood together with some sort of old rusty wire.  Not sure about that yet either.  It is still very much an idea,  a work in progress.  Time will tell how it will evolve.

I know I don't want to touch the wood.  I might dust it down and seal it  - that's all.  There is energy in that wood and I don't want to change the feel of it. Sanding and staining would definitely alter the energy which has been part of these doors for so many years.





I must tell you I am falling in love with jalapeno peppers that are pickled.   Sylvia introduced me to them and now I can't do without them in my fridge.  I am increasing my tolerance for 'heat' in fooD poco a poco.  I can take salsa a little hotter now - still not too much.  I think it's a very gradual process and you don't want to rush it.  Probably not good for your tummy.  So, there will be no rushing.  I do know I am developing my pallet for heat and quite enjoying it.







"What would it be like if you lived each day, each breath, as a work of art in progress? Imagine that you are a Masterpiece unfolding, every second of every day, a work of art taking form with every breath."  ~ Thomas Crum



No comments: