Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Thursday, November 10, 2011

* Ancient Celtic Energy

Had errands to run this morning.  I'm certainly not back up to speed.  It wore me out, which is really annoying.  Got home, had a nap.  Habibi did the same ... it's hard work staying home waiting for Mommy!

Later I wandered up to the studio and spent some time with Medicine Woman.  The more time I spend with her, the more grounded she becomes on the canvas, the more I can feel her ancient energy.  She speaks to me in ways I can't explain in words.  She has led me to the story of Bridgid, the Celtic Goddess.  Who am I to question.   I'm not finished yet, however, when I am, I will tell you the entire story.

Here's what happened today.  Probably one more day of work will complete her.


I was poised, paintbrush in hand, to paint a bouquet of herbs in her hands when suddenly I heard the word 'heartlets'.  "Heartlets?"  I was baffled.  "A bouquet of small hearts.  After all, love is the greatest healer.  How do you expect me to make my potions and medicine bundles without adding love?"  I painted heartlets.  I also began to paint the shamrocks with three leaves.  It was part of why they were coveted by the Celts.  Again I heard "A shamrock with four.  You have no idea the power they contain and impart to those who hold them.  Yes, I want shamrocks with four."  And so it is.  Shamrocks with four and heartlets. 

Tomorrow I may be able to complete her and tell you the rest of the story.  Until then ... thank you for stopping by.  Take care and let's see how creative we can really be.  ha ha.  xxoo  Donna

Celtic beliefs.   "Women were highly honored, female symbolism formed the most sacred images in the religious cosmos, and the relationship with motherhood was the central elements of the social fabric the society was held together by common allegiance to the customs of the tribe loosely organized around the traditions of the goddess"

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

She gets more and more beautiful every day! I love looking at your painting. I could just imagine you and Habibi taking your afternoon nap, too! Have a good day, and take it easy! Hugs, Valerie

Anonymous said...

Can she get anymore beautiful? Heartlets and four leaf clovers, she is a wise wise girl and you are a beautiful person for her to go through, no wonder she chose you. You depicted them with feeling and beauty.

Love the Celtic bit about goddesses, we (us girls) are all goddesses, some people still just don't realise it.
Can't wait for you to get into the studio tomorrow to hear the story. love r.rose

Nancy said...

Colors are lovely... heartlets, too. I just came across an site you might be interested in. Art retreats in your city. Maybe you know about them already. In case not, the site is Tesoro del Corazon. Lovely photos of your area on their blog.

SooZeQue said...

I love seeing the new detail every few days. It just gets more lovely. I'll bet it's heaven working in the newly organized studio.

Nancy Lynn said...

Love love her. To me she is beautiful as she is. You are so talented. So glad you got a nap yesterday....so did I.

donna said...

It all begins with love...I love Celtic lore. Your painting is amazing..hugs..Donna

Catherine Mommsen Scott said...

Beautiful work, beautiful story. It's an auditory version of something that happens to me from time to time when drawing with ink. Sometimes the ink tells me where to go ... it's almost as if an aura appears on the paper. Your work is beautiful and, I know this will sound odd, but reassuring.

Dolly Daydreams said...

My comments for this one have gone on another post damn that Blogger ! Beautiful heartlets and shamrocks she is a pure vision of loveliness.

Marie

Gina said...

Loving the way this image is building. I have a flowering plant outside my front door that is known as "Bleeding Hearts" and grows stems dripping with heart shaped flowers, each with a teardrop shaped drip suspended from it. I don't know if they grow in Texas. It's proper name is Dicentra. Don't know what the rules are, but if it's ok I could try sending you a dormant root to plant. :D XXX

Katie said...

Soooo beautiful!!!

creativelenna said...

"After all, love is the greatest healer."

Donna you blow me away. Thank you for sharing your journey. xoxoxoxo

Carolyn said...

Oh wow! Medicine woman will definitely get associated with the other women on and within your walls. She will share her love and healing powers.

No creativity for me today...like you I ran errands and tonight I'm going to bed early to read.

Tomorrow . . . the end of the story. Can't wait. Hope you rest well too.

Hugs,
C

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Really love her development. :) I so enjoy your/her story behind the painting. :)

Gerri Herbst said...

She is spectacular...its utterly amazing. I really want to see you put them in a goddess coffe table book. take care,gerri