Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

* A Quiet Day At Quinta de la Luz

My energy level was low and I putzed doing laundry and sitting in the sun on my terrace.  Allyson came, shopped for some groceries, and cooked me a lovely large pot of home made chicken soup as well as a couscous salad which I love and haven't had for a long time.

When she left, Habibi and I watched a movie and napped, after which we did venture up to the studio.  Didn't work on Medicine Woman, although she did impart further information, which I will fill you in on later.  I attempted to design a Christmas card which I will share with you probably tomorrow.

Wendy popped in later in the day with a lovely little pot of home made lemon curd (drool) which I will put on my toast the next time I have some.

Because I don't have any updates from the studio, I will bring for you today, the offering of a piece of my writing which I did last autumn.  I hope you enjoy.

* Total Freedom
by:  Donna Parker
November, 2010

And so we sit
naked in the late
afternoon sun
drying ourselves.
Habibi wrapped in an
orange towel -
me plopped in all
my 64 years of glory
in a blue chair
on the back terrace.
Hair once on my belly,
fondly known as
my 'hair strip'
has found it way to
my chin.
I sit with a ten times
mirror, attempting
to rectify the invasion
if only temporarily.

The warm Mexican breeze caresses
my skin
and drys my hair.
I glance once or twice
behind and upward
to see if anyone
may be gazing
down at our private moment
from the nearby roof.

The shadows are long
and form exact shapes
on the courtyard walls.
Birds begin their even song,
cocks crow,
distant traffic makes its way
to unknown destinations.

The sun sets as
I will set one day
Always there
Always in existence
Only disappearing
from our limited view.

So you have some 'visual stimulation' I am enclosing a photo of a recent painting of San Miguel.  It is by a local artist.  Unfortunately, I am not able to give credit as I didn't take note of his name.  For that I apologies.  I do like the painting very much.  It is a lovely rendering.  Enjoy.


Thanks for coming to visit.  Hope you have yourselves a great day.  Hopefully I will make it up to the studio to work on Medicine Woman today.  Take care.  xxoo  Donna

If we listened to our intellect, we'd never have a love affair. We'd never have a friendship. We'd never go into business, because we'd be too cynical. Well, that's nonsense. You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on the way down.
--Annie Dillard

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad Allyson is looking after you. Loved your poem, and the painting of your little town by MR X is great, it looks so pretty. have a good day, and take care,
hugs, Valerie

Anonymous said...

Just think your piece of writing is great, so visual. I could see me, myself and I sitting there drying my hair allowing the sun to warm my body. The painting of your town is beautiful. At the moment we have humidity and thunderstorms, dark clouds so your painting brought sunshine. You will work when Medicine Woman decides, in the meantime relax and wander and ponder, life is like that. Love the quote as well. Have a peaceful day. love r.rose

Anonymous said...

Hee hee, I have to add "A Quiet Day at Quinta de la Luz" sounds so much more romantic than if I said
"A Quiet Day at Heidelberg" yuk. (I love where I live but.....)

nia said...

Hi Donna, you are such a beautiful artist. And I loved your blog. Your colours, your paintings and your poems, they all fascinated me. Your town seems so beautiful, like somewhere in fairy tales... I loved it. Thank you, Blessing and Happiness, with my love, nia (By the way I moved my photography blog to the word press as you can find on there)

jane said...

Love your verse from last year, Donna, and the image of just sitting in the autumn sun sounds delicious! I hope you are finding time for that again this year...oh and lemon curd.......so good! Lovely friend who made it for you!

Nancy said...

Lovely, peaceful... quiet days are good!

Nancy Lynn said...

It's good to have a relaxing moment, hour, day...it helps to heal inside and out. What a beautiful picture of your area. So great Allyson is cooking and helping you. Hope you have a great week.

patty said...

Oh, what a gorgeous painting!! And you also create a vivid painting with your words.... looking forward to seeing what you and Medicine Woman shared! XOX

Carolyn said...

Hi Donna, I've mentioned it before but your writings are so real they make me feel I'm there with you.

The painting of SMA is gorgeous, so vibrant. I enjoyed your post a lot.

Hugs,
C

Dolly Daydreams said...

Am so happy to hear that you have some love ladies taking care of you and like their menus too ! I love you writing Donna and feel so blessed to have met you and to be part of your journey. The painting beautiful idyllic . Thank you.

Marie