Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Saturday, November 12, 2011

* A couple of things

A quiet day today.  Did a couple of things I would like to share.  Completed a banner.  Really the first one I have done, except for my little bird cage experiment.  Don't have it strung together and not sure how I'm going to do that - however, here it is without it's hangers.


Also did a double page spread in my journal which is expanding nicely.

That's about it for today everyone.  Do hope you are having a nice weekend.  Thanks for stopping by to have a lookie-loo.  (I love saying that!)  xxoo Donna

I want to share excerpts about autumn by two of my favorite poets, Keats and Shelley.  As different as they were, they were part of a era, they were friends.  In London, I used to hang out at a very old pub on Hampstead Health called "The Spaniards Inn".  Keats, Shelley and Byron were among the group of poets who frequented the pub in days gone by.  I used to sink into  the layers of time in that place, and imagine them and their peers spending evenings perhaps in the same place we were sitting, or who knows, if time is only an illusion, perhaps they were sitting next to me.  :o) You know me ... always the romantic.

O Wild West Wind, thou breath of Autumn's being
Thou from whose unseen presence the leaves dead
Are driven like ghosts from an enchanter fleeing,
Yellow, and black, and pale, and hectic red,
Pestilence-stricken multitudes! O thou
Who chariotest to their dark wintry bed
The wingèd seeds, where they lie cold and low,
Each like a corpse within its grave, until
Thine azure sister of the Spring shall blow
Her clarion o'er the dreaming earth, and fill
(Driving sweet buds like flocks to feed in air)
With living hues and odours plain and hill;
Wild Spirit, which art moving everywhere;
Destroyer and preserver; hear, O hear!
Percy Bysshe Shelley

Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness,
Close bosom-friend of the maturing sun;
Conspiring with him how to load and bless
With fruit the vines that round the thatch-eves run;
To bend with apples the moss'd cottage-trees,
And fill all fruit with ripeness to the core;
To swell the gourd, and plump the hazel shells
With a sweet kernel; to set budding more,
And still more, later flowers for the bees,
Until they think warm days will never cease,
For Summer has o'er-brimm'd their clammy cells.
John Keats
Ode to Autumn.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Donna, really love your banner. Is it made from paper or material of some kind. What a great idea, where are you going to hang it? In your studio or outside if you weatherproof it?
Your journal is coming along nicely, I keep saying it but I just love your use of colour. You did good studio working, you muse is talking to you.

Give my love to Medicine Woman and Habibi and of course you :) love r.rose.

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Donna, love those journal pages, and you have picked some of my fave poets, there,too. I will be blogging later today when I get back home! Hugs, Valerie

creativelenna said...

dear Donna, thank you for your encouraging comments on my Sketchbook! So nice. RE your banner, I've never made one but could you perhaps glue the top of the triangle flags to a ribbon? Would that work? I like your flags very much, and your journal spread is so layered and complex with journaling, paint, paper, pictures quotes . .. so much to see, I love that!

Nancy Lynn said...

Your banner is wonderful. I love your journal pages too. Beautiful artwork.

Gerri Herbst said...

Gorgeous banner my dear!

jane said...

Love the journal pages, Donna! And banners are such fun, I make them all the time...you can hang a piece of twine across the room and clip the flags with clothes pegs.
They are so festive! And the poetry...so enriching! Patty and I were at an Art show on Saturday, and the speaker quoted RUMI and we thought of you! xo Jane