Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Saturday, November 5, 2011

* Hello Easel ...

Went up to the studio quite early today.  Thought I would continue organizing and perhaps finish, at least as much as I could.  Sitting at my table.  "Why don't you just come and sit with me?"  I looked up.  Medicine woman was speaking.  "I don't want to.  I'm not ready."  'I know.  You might just sit here with me and look at the tree or the sky."   I didn't reply.

Soon, I found myself getting my paints out, sorting them into the colours I required.  Before I knew it I was seated before her.  OK, I thought.  The tree would be a good place to start.  And so it began.  I spent the better part of the day with brush in hand, playing.  Her roots are in ancient Ireland.  A Celt.  A woman.  A healer.  She has 'wisdom'.  Deep knowings of the mystical kind.  As she told me when I sketched her in the first day.  "Love is the greatest healer."

Had great difficulty getting a good photograph.  Not sure why, however the colour, texture and clarity is the pitts.  :o)

And so, I have begun.


Thanks for dropping in everyone.  xxoo Donna

"Live with intention.  Walk to the edge.  Listen hard.  Practice wellness.  Play with abandon.  Laugh.  Choose with no regret.  Continue to learn.  Appreciate your friends.  Do what you love.  Live as if this is all there is."
-  Mary Anne Hershey

18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Another great painting Donna, nice to see you working again! Hugs, Valerie

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, Donna, fabulous, my friend! Thanks so much for visiting! I was already a follower of yours! lol
XO
Cindy

Virtual Boy said...

She's stunning, love all the colors and the beautiful shading! *w*

// -T.W-

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

This is another great paintingg Donna. Love it so much. Beautiful szene and colors. Also love the hands (haha)
You wrote on my blog that you cann't read my description well, so I have tried to translate it for you on my blog. Maybe you will look again.
Lovely greet and nice weekend
Marja

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so glad she came to you and you have done a great job of capturing her...she has soul and wisdom. It is amazing who lives within us. I have trouble with colours when I post as well. I am upset...I broke my camera the other day...boo hoo. Happiness and creating to you love r'rose

Barb said...

Donna She just flows. Love it.

Yvonne said...

This is GORGEOUS, Donna!

Carolyn said...

Gorgeous and her love will speed up your recovery. I like the tree you included because it reflects strength.

Isn't it ironic when we plan our day and end up doing something entirely different as though we were directed in some way to please the soul.

Have a good weekend. Tonight is another Boise football game so my evening will be spent in front of the TV.

Hugs,
Carolyn

Nancy said...

The shading for the tree is perfection. No wonder she invited you to look at the tree!

Nancy Lynn said...

I also love the tree background a lot....just gorgeous. So happy that she came to you and your muse is back. Wishing you more healing thoughts.

said...

Another beauty!

HeARTworks said...

Well done! You were inspired by love! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Lynn Stevens said...

Hi Donna, so great to meet you! I see your a fellow artist! Kindered spirits
Carolyn and I go way back and she is a dear frined also very talented!
Thank you so much for adding my giveaway. I will put you in the draw for the surprise as well as the bonus. Hope we meet again soon!
hug Lynn

Gerri Herbst said...

Another wonderful painting to add to your coffee table book of your luscious goddesses (that you will print someday)! Thanks so much for visiting me my friend!

Unknown said...

Exquisite!

Dolly Daydreams said...

I knew one of your muses would call out to you when the time was right ! She is a beauty even if the photo is not its best her beauty and wisdom is clear. I am so glad you are back to painting and being able to once again communicate with your muses .

Marie

creativelenna said...

gosh, your painting, this fabulous quote -- WOW. xox

Dolly Daydreams said...

I cant believe I have missed so much where do the days go ! She is beautiful !! Her hearlets and shamrocks are a fabulous addition to another perfect incarceration from you .

Marie