Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

* Annus Horribilis ....

Well, before I start off on my little tangent, which I wrote earlier tonight, I have just received word that Donna of Paper Crows and Dragonflies had a stroke earlier this month.  The prognosis looks optimistic.  She is in hospital/rehab in Vancouver BC, surrounded by her family, friends and her husband who is constantly by her side.  I know some of you keep up with Donna's blog.  I have just been notified and await an address in Vancouver where we can send mail.  I will post it as soon as I receive.  It would be of great comfort to her, I know, if we could keep the cards and letters coming.  Her friend, Rhonda, told me one of the first words which came from her lips, very slowly was "cre  a  tiv ety".  I hope it will help her recover.  She is receiving every possible rehabilitation technique to help with her healing.  I will keep you posted.  The blog I wrote earlier seems quite insignificant now.  It has certainly put my life in perspective in about one little minute. 

To use a term Queen Elizabeth used in one of her speeches some years ago, I would say this past year has been the most "annus horribilis' (horrible year) of my entire life.  I have never, and I mean never, had so many horrible things hit me one after the other, non stop, like a steam roller out of control for such a long period of time.  I am determined this is the end of it all.  I am determined as this year comes to a close, energy around me is already changing.  I am determined, and have in fact already forgiven and let go.  I am determined not to look back and ponder.

Last night Isabella came with my photographs.  She is a special spirit.  The photographs are INCREDIBLE.  For some reason I can't upload them to the blog.  HOWEVER, while spending time with Isabella and talking with her, my spirit was so uplifted that there was a definite shift in my consciousness.   I felt it.  I actually know now I am going to make it through this very black time.  I will be able to get my balance back and stay in the present moment.  I am going to 'make it' through this, and believe me, there were times this year when I had doubts, big ones.  I lost hope.  That has never happened to me before.  Anyway, hope is back ... I guess it's true ... hope floats, so you can't keep it down for long.  :o)

To this end, I did a double spread in my journal today.


Thanks for stopping by my Lovely's.  I so appreciate your comments and support.  xxoo  Donna

If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps life moving, you lose that courage to be, that quality that helps you go on in spite of it all. And so today I still have a dream.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry you had a bad year Donna, the next one just MUST be better. Love your journal pages! Have a lovely day, Hugs, Valerie

Gina said...

Thank you for this uplifting post...I needed it too.
Love and strength to your friend in Vancouver, may she heal quickly and strongly :D XXX

jane said...

Donna, it has been a hard year. But as the Buddha said, "Life is Suffering"...and it does break open our hearts. Which reminds us that we are ALIVE> I will keep your friend and YOU in my thoughts. Sending good Christmas energy to both of you. Be kind to yourself. xo

Nancy Lynn said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your friend. It is too bad that good people have to go through illnesses and bad times.

Carolyn said...

HOPE. . . the magical word to move forward and with your determination the new year will be a huge turning point in your life.
You wrote about it in your journal which you should leave open to read again when you find yourself doubtful. Donna, you take some of the most marvelous photos which I enjoy so very much. The colors of your casa are so bright and cheery and with the green plants it reflects a welcome, warm, cozy atmosphere. (Where was Habibi?)

I'm going to attempt to make some fudge today which I haven't made for a very long time.

ENJOY YOUR CASA; IT'S SO LOVELY!

Hugs,
C

Sorry about Donna in BC; I hope she recovers quickly.

creativelenna said...

Your evident determination is so important to reaching your goals Donna. I am glad to see you grabbing on and using it to your advantage! Out with the old and in with the new, yes! Using your art journal to sort out your feelings and express yourself is one of the best things you can do for YOU. Creative expression however you do it is so needed, especially now. You are making it work!

SooZeQue said...

Life is always a series of ups and downs isn't it. We all have them, some of them deeper than others. Your in touch with those and we all need reasons to move thru them and each time we grow a little. It may not feel like it at the time. Just keep doing... that's all we can do. Hopefully next year will be brighter for you. Perhaps someday I shall join you on that beautiful porch... it's so up my alley!

patty said...

Donna, Donna, Donna..... I really had no idea. You present such a positive face and viewpoint that I was really in the dark (except for a couple of hints) about what you were going through. Life is so bitter sweet, isn't it? Yesterday I wrote this on FB: "the very best antidote for sadness is to embrace a spirit of giving". I know you to be a very generous and giving soul. I know that will provide some comfort to you. It works!! I can see from your next post that you are already moving into a better place. Hang in there - I'm sending a ton of holiday happys your way!! XOX

patty said...

P.S. Your journal is totally inspiring!!!!