Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Monday, December 5, 2011

* Out with Miss Sylvia ...

Is that in any way related to "Driving Miss Daisy"?  ha ha  It seems forever since Sylvia and I have spent some quality time together.  Today was the day.  We went for comida to Don Felix restaurant.  I have been wanting to go there for a very long time - it has a great reputation.  It's in the neighbourhood (the only restaurant close to Sylvia and I) and it is truly lovely.  Begun years ago as a street taco stand, the restaurant gradually expanded into the old house and has developed from there. 

We arrived early afternoon and nestled ourselves into the courtyard where we could have the sun and fresh air.  Water trickled and babbled in the fountain beside us. The many birds serenaded us from their cages on the walls.  Perfection.  Bliss.






Inside, the dining becomes more elegant.  I took photos, but not of the bar area or the main dining area as there were lots of people there and I didn't want to be pointing a camera in their faces.  (What happens in SMA stays in SMA .. ha ha).

At the back there is a large room which can accommodate 'parties', and din din's for larger groups.  All around, enough personality to keep groups happy and entertained.

The big trough you see is full of dried and drying roses and other flowers.

A nice little courtyard off the party room.

The beautiful arched ceilings.


I couldn't figure out how to get it off the wall without being noticed.  :o)


We talked and lingered, lingered and talked and finally pulled ourselves away about 5:30.  We've decided it will be an event which will happen on a monthly basis.

Monday already.  Another week beginning, which will no doubt fly by.  Hope you are having fun getting ready for the holidays.  Thanks for popping in.  xxoo  Donna

Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer.


9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a beautiful place! Glad you got out for a change, a ladies night is always a good idea! I hope you didn't behave yourself, although it was probably wise not to try and remove that lovely bell....Hugs, Valerie

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

How I love the feel of this restaurant. :) Great photos, Donna, and I can tell you had a fabulous time there. :)

creativelenna said...

beautiful photos, donna. I love the one with the arched ceiling!

patty said...

Donna, so glad you were able to get out - must be the knee is healing well!! What a lovely photo essay of your time in this lovely restaurant...I can almost smell the food cooking!!

jane said...

BLISS! How lovely to know that such a delightful place is there for you! You look wonderful right in midst of that artsy environment! xo

Nancy Lynn said...

What a wonderful atmosphere to spend some tome with a friend for a leisurely meal.

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos Donna, you looked particularly beautiful and very happy. Good to see you.

Dolly Daydreams said...

My dearest Donna , can I come and live with you !!! or maybe we could have six months Greece and six months Mexico a bit like a time share. Of course I would bring my own Champagne and in copious amounts too. Thank you so much for your happy words I do so love hearing from you you always make me smile. That restaurant looks amazing I can almost taste the food. Fabulous photo by the way you are looking gorgeous. Your muse is not here I have checked and if she was I would keep her and maybe a bit of your talent would rub off on me.



Marie

SooZeQue said...

This is my kind of place to sit and enjoy a margarita! Love it and it looks like you had a great day with your friend. Sorry to hear your leg is not doing well and I've heard those pain killers can be a bear to get off of. Pls be careful and I do hope things start to turn around for you.