Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

* My Muse is BACK! YEAH!

I painted all day.  Couldn't stop.  Finally dragged myself away about 5:30 pm.  "Expect Miracles" has come a long way.  She informed me she wanted jewels.  Not just any jewels.  Rosary chain and Our Lady of Guadalupe medals hanging from each end.  She wanted them in her head dress.

I asked her what she would like to be presented to her in the outstretched hand.  No answer.  I was just opening my box of old jewelry and junk and what fell out?   A milagro (miracle), namely the 'big miracle' ... Our Lady of Guadalupe.  Quietly I heard her say, "What else would I want in the outstretched hand if I am Expecting Miracles.  That was the end of our conversation!

I worked like a mad woman.  I was driven.  The jewels are in her head dress.  I love them there.  There is still more work to be done on her neck/shoulders and the outstretched hand as well as her crown and halo.  Who knows what is to come.  We made real progress today and I didn't struggle one little bit.  Amazing.

It's difficult to see the jewels.  There are rhinestones in her earrings, and down the right side, rosary beads and two medals are in her head dress.  So difficult to get a good shot because of the light.






OK, so I baked some banana bread tonight!  A truly amazing event as I have not baked since arriving in Mexico.  Mine does not look anything like the 'real thing', which you will find HERE, on Suzeque's blog, along with the recipe and mouth watering photographs which make mine look like a home economics class beginner.  ha ha.  The thing about this banana bread which is different is that it has coconut in it and an incredible LIME GLAZE drizzled over the top!  Here's my version -- now go over and visit Suzeque!



 Thanks for the visit.  xxoo Donna

The true miracle is not walking on water or walking in air, but simply walking on this earth. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah! Your muse sure is back. Just love it all, especially the jewels you have given her. She is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!

Now, the banana bread. I will have a nice thick slice thank you. Coffee...white no sugar. Will be over in a tick....well....

love randomrose

Amazing Love said...

panerai replica
I happen to be searching around for good subject matter. I appreciate what steps you took to write about this.

Valerie-Jael said...

So glad to see that your Lady has come so far; she is really beautiful. Love the jewels you have given her, too. And your banana bread looks like a miracle to me, too! Have a good day, Hugs, Valerie

Gina said...

She is just sooooo beautiful!!! Full of grace and love :D XXX

jane said...

....jewels, YES!

creativelenna said...

your banana bread looks awesome to me doona -sounds great too! And I love hearing that sound of glee in your voice coming through as you write/type! Your goddess of miracles is living up to her name, she looks wonderful!!!!! hugs for you and habibi : 0 )

Nancy said...

Stunning with the jewels! I like those times when all you want to do is work on something... so immersed it is hard to tear yourself away. The results speak for the process. Bread looks yummy, too.

Yvonne said...

Oh, she is just gorgeous, Donna! I don't think you ever lost your muse :)

patty said...

Yea - yea - yea!! I always knew it was just a matter of time!! Absolutely stunning!! And I want to make that banana bread.

SooZeQue said...

Love the jewels and all the dots and flower details that are showing up. She's looking more and more alive. Hope the bread was good with all the changes.

Lynn Stevens said...

Well when your muse came back it really came in bunches, Gorgeous ART. I love the jewels in her headpiece. The bananna bread sounds and looks just yummy as well!

Wishing you a New Year of Health Happiness and keeping that MOJO going!
hugs Lynn

Aimeslee Winans said...

Your piece is amazing and coming along perfectly. So happy for you to be excited and "mused". Chain her down this time....winkwink