Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

* Christmas in San Miguel ..

It was a glorious morning in San Miguel.  I sat in my favorite restaurant overlooking the Jardin, enjoying the Mexican sun as it warmed my shoulders. Sipping on a capuccino with a double shot of espresso I watched the world go by.  It felt very good.  Very very good.

San Miguel is not dressed to the nines this Christmas like she was last year.  There is no huge tree in the Jardin and not near as many poinsettia's.  No live animals or in fact a creche set up.  Must have been heavy budget cuts somewhere.  Like most places in the world, San Miguel is suffering in these economic times.  Still, as I said it was a beautiful day and I did enjoy walking with my camera capturing a little of the atmosphere of Christmas.











Thanks for having a lookie loo --- take care.  xxoo  Donna

W. J. Tucker, Pulpit Preaching
For centuries men have kept an appointment with Christmas. Christmas means fellowship, feasting, giving and receiving, a time of good cheer, home.

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

lovely pics, thanks for sharing! have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Nancy Lynn said...

Sounds like you had a great time and your pictures are wonderful.

Gina said...

How beautiful your town is!!! Thank you for sharing this bit of sunshine with us :D XXX

Carolyn said...

WHAT A GIFT! It is so much fun to view your world through your photos, Donna; and I am extremely happy you went to centro for the day. I never tire looking at the cathedral or the plazas and even though they aren't as festive as a year ago, they still are gorgeous with the red poinsettias and especially the angel photo. I love angels!

hugs,
c

Nancy said...

Love all the color that surrounds you... and the wonderful sunlight! Here's to 2012- your "Annus Wonderfulus". Your new sitting area looks very inviting... we'll enjoy watching your ivy grow up the ladder.

SooZeQue said...

Thank you for the lovely stroll down your streets of beautiful San Miguel. Love all those carved stone buildings and iron.

jane said...

Oh Beautiful! I love the simplicity and color of your local Christmas decorations! Merry Merry!