Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

* Playing with felted beads

A little while ago I purchased some felted beads from Katie of The Red Tin.  Katie is crazy about textiles among other things and is currently experimenting with silk worm cocoons.   Ideas have been whirring in my wee brain ever since they arrived.  Today, I experimented with the first piece.  Here are the results.

An interesting experiment.  I mounted the felt on a piece of filigree after the beading was finished.  I'll have to wear it to see if it sits right.  What do you think? (bracelet)
Later this afternoon my driveway turned into a photographic studio when Isabella came over to shoot my art work.  It was quite exciting.  She kept raving about how beautiful the light was and how rich the colours were ... and how everything was just perfect to take the photographs.  I can't wait to see them.  This way, if I will be able to print anything from small business cards, to giant size posters.  I haven't seen Isabella for a while, so it was great to touch base.




Unfortunately, we didn't get to have a great chat because I had to leave for the Dr.'s in the middle of it all.  I've developed drug reactions and addictions to a new drug which was introduced at the time of my surgery.  It affected my restless leg syndrome and I ended up going to the hospital Saturday morning I was in such agony.  Things are not resolved yet ... so it's not much fun at the moment.

That's it for today.  Hope all is well with you.  Thanks for popping by.  xxoo  Donna

A hunch is creativity trying to tell us something.





11 comments:

Katie said...

I love it Donna! How fun to see how someone is using my beads. Weee!

creativelenna said...

oh, feel better donna! hugs, lenna

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your felt beading piece, just beautiful! Hope you soon gets some better results pain-wise! Valerie

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you have added the pics if isabella, she looks really as if she knows her business. What fun! Valerie

Hettienne Grobler said...

Hi Donna, your paintings are so so beautiful - it will be wonderful to see them in other pieces once you have the pics. My heart goes out to you with your health issues - I injured my back 18 months ago in dance class and have had quite an uphill battle since then. I have found that homeopathy has really helped me. blessings to you

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna, just checking in to see how you are doing. Hopefully you have a good doctor appointment and get just what you need to feel better. Love the beads.

Nancy said...

The jewelry piece is lovely. How nice to get the professional shots of your work.. I esp. love business cards that show what an artist does on them with an image. Do hope you feel better and get good help. One med affects another and creates yet another concern. Hope all is straightened out, and right soon.

Nancy Lynn said...

I love what you created with your felted piece. Very nice. That is so great that you are having professional pictures taken of your artwork. So sorry to hear about your added health problems....sounds very painful. Get well soon.

patty said...

Donna - Wow, hope you can get your issues resolved - that does not sound good.
I love the bracelet and super excited that you will be able to have prints from your beautiful paintings!! Oh, always love seeing Habibi...
Sending hugs and healing!!

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Felt bead looks amazing. I wish I had the nerve to make something like that. :) And wow! A photoshooting. Thanks for sharing the pics with us. :)

And hope you're feeling better, Donna. That is just no good that the drugs that are suppose to make you feel better make you feel even worse.

Dolly Daydreams said...

Sorry to hear you are having these health problems my dear friend and i am sending you lots of lovely and positive thoughts. How lovely to have your work photographed and so professionally cant wait to see the results sounds exciting. Your bracelet is so pretty and just love the felt and the gorgeous green colour. I bet it looks smashing on.

Marie